Valued Contributor

FISH Necklace - Problem with silvetone chain

I was lucky enough to get a silvertone fish necklace May of this year.  I have worn it probably five to seven times and just noticed yesterday when I went to put it on the upper part of the chain is discoloring to a darker color.  Does anyone know how to correct that?  I guess I could call Customer Service but I really don't want to return it.  Any suggestions?  

Regular Contributor

Re: FISH Necklace - Problem with silvetone chain

I would suggert you contact Louis Dell'Olio through his blog. He has been very helpful in the past with Jewelry issues. His personal website, not QVC.

Honored Contributor

Any base metal jewelry, (even gold and silver can) will discolor if it comes in contacts with chemicals such as perfume, hairspray, etc.  Always follow advice to bathe, spray cologne, let dry, spray hair, let dry and put on jewelry when all has evaporated/dried away so it does not discolor your jewelry.  Moisture, body salts and chemicals are not the friends of jewelry.

Respected Contributor

Send it with $7.50 to the manufacturer in Rhode Island. They will replate it for you. You can get the name and address over on Louis' Blog.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

Send it with $7.50 to the manufacturer in Rhode Island. They will replate it for you. You can get the name and address over on Louis' Blog.

You may want to enclose a copy of your receipt with a brief note as to the problem.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼