Honored Contributor

Eyelet Jacket? Your Thoughts?

Managed to snap up a size 10 in black eyelet jacket. it fits fine open and closed but the sleeve edge  (its 3/4 length) is slightly taut; I cannot flip up the sleeve edge the way the models did in the video.

Did anyone encounter this problem? Measurements are correct in all ways.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: Eyelet Jacket? Your Thoughts?

@JustJazzmom

I wore mine today in black, and yes the sleeves at the bottom are a bit snug, but my cuffs do turn up and what I like is they stay up!  

It's much like the turn-back on the animal print 3/4 sleeve blazer with poker chip buttons and other Linea tops.  If yours are too snug and you do not like them worn down, try for a larger size?  I like mine worn down too.

Frequent Contributor

I got the 10 also in black.  Haven't worn out but when  I tried on - I felt it was a bit tight also BUT

I thought it looked good down &  figured the 12 might be too big all over.

Don't let this bother you - think it looks good either way.  Figured when I wore, I would see which way to wear.  

Anyone else who has, are you washing or dry cleaning this top?

I know the old forum had a discussion  but its gone like other good stuff

Frequent Contributor

Also, I put with a red tank & thought it looked really good.  I thought patterns, but didn't like.

It also looked good as a jacket over sleeveless dresses.  Also, I don't have heavy arms, so this was a surprise.  I like it open

any other ideas of how to wear?

Valued Contributor

I am in the minority, but I am wearing mine as a blouse, the white anyway. I have a uneven hem maxi skirt from Chicos that I plan on pairing with the white. The black I will wear with the black and topax maxi when I wear it next.

570143961_537_large.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
Yes, my sleeve cuffs are a bit too snug to comfortably turn up, too. But I think it looks just fine with the cuff down so not a problem. As far as going up a size in search of a looser cuff, I personally wouldn't. I actually ordered the larger of my two Linea sizes (6) originally and had to return both colors for the smaller size 4. Now that I have the right size, I'm thrilled with my eyelet blouses and can foresee getting a lot of wear from them. In our warm climate, I'll be able to wear the black all year.

I washed both in just like my whisper knits - lingerie bag, cold water, gentle cycle with similarly colored clothing. Hung them to dry, and they were ready to wear. Can't ask for more than that!
ETA For what it's worth, I have slim (skinny?) arms.
"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

I actually like that they are snug, and I can still flip mine up. I will probably wear it more as a blouse than a jacket, too.

Frequent Contributor

Pretty skirt

Frequent Contributor

I think as a blouse with the same color under

Jacket with different colors

Glad it washed well - Louis had mentioned dry cleaning so I was unsure

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just put the black in size 10 on check hold. I'm usually a 12, but the click here measurements say otherwise for this top. I'd prefer a more fitted look, so I'm thinking this is the right size for me. Tighter fitting cuffs don't sound great for hot weather, tho. I like looser fitting clothing in warmer weather.

How many of you sized down?