Honored Contributor

Exuberant Review of New Linea WK V-Neck Sweater ( A366197)

[ Edited ]

My Cranberry and Navy v-neck sweaters arrived today, and I am totally satisfied.  I am beyond satisfied -- I am thrilled by their look and how they look on.

Frankly, I had some apprehension about their not being weighty enough (a certain photo made me a bit hesitant to order).  Let me assure you, ladies, that these gorgeous tunics have appropriate heft to them.  You'll be able to layer them under your blazers, if you wish.  For some weird reason, I thought the ENR would not measure up to those of the past.  Louis said it is not his heaviest version of ENR; I can assure you that it is just right for the cold weather.  If you choose not to layer beneath it, add a scarf or leave the neckline bare.  This particular neckline was meant to showcase your beautiful Linea necklaces.  Another look that excites me is wearing dramatic Linea earrings with such a neckline but no necklace.  Fabulous look!

I'm a shorty, and the tunic reaches to the mid-point of my thighs.  Both colors are fully saturated.  In fact, the Navy this time out is one of the best I've ever received from Linea.  Yes, Louis strives to have the color matched each time, but sometimes the hue is exceptionally good.  That is how I perceive the Navy this time.

Going to get the Red even if it is part of the same family as the Cranberry.

NOT TO BE MISSED.

https://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-Dell-Olio-Whisper-Knit-V-Neck-Sweater.product.A366197.html?sc=PRO...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Exuberant Review of New Linea WK V-Neck Sweater ( A366197)

@golding76  So happy you received these much-anticipated sweaters! Even happier that they exceeded expectations. I ordered all four and they are still in progress purgatory!

Enjoy wearing yours!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you.

I am certain you will love all four of yours as much as I love mine, anniebethsmom.  They are so nice.  

How can QVC abandon our beloved Whisper Knits?  I LOVE WK!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! Those are beautiful! I really like the cranberry, and am considering purchasing it. Whenever I visit his page, I wind up putting several items in my wishlist. Decisions...decisions...

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76   Do they run true to size or a little big? Sometimes I'm an XS & sometimes I'm an XXS in Linea tops.Trying to decide.Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Still waiting for shipment. This is a disgrace.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nicksmom

For me, they are true to size.  I widen at the bottom, and the top part of the tunic nicely follows my contours and, hurrah, opens up in the hip area for my big bottom.

I ordered my regular size, Large, and the fit was a familiar one.

***Remember, the bust measurement is always smaller in the ENR.  Do not be frightened by the smaller bust measurement.  Your usual size should work.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of mine arrived on Monday and I have already worn the scarlet one to an event. I agree--these are classic pieces, super elegant but also comfortable and just easy to wear. I love every needle rib (but I kind of miss the original yarn, too). 

By the way, I ordered all four and each appear to be shipping individually. I got the navy and the scarlet but not the cranberry and the yellow. 

QVC...sigh. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Still waiting for shipment. This is a disgrace.

Two of mine arrived (expedited shipping) but the other two have yet to even ship. QVC is out of control 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Cranberry, Scarlet and Navy tunics arrived this evening. OMG, they're fabulous and just totally gorgeous on!

I tried the Cranberry and my jaw dropped. I love this color, it's absolutely edible, so darn flattering, richly saturated, and will compliment or accent anything you choose to pair it with. Its completely different than the Scarlet and if you love reds and berries, do not pass on this shade. Its a knockout. Soooo much prettier in person!

The neckline! Take note, Ladies (and girls 😉) it's a deep vee and I frankly love it. If you're cleavage conscious, a pretty underpinning may be necessary if not layering anything else underneath. This is the deepest Linea vee that I can recall and find it both elongating and face flattering. I echo @golding76 with it being a beautiful showcase for jewelry. I also agree that the weight of this tunic will very comfortably allow any and all under and over layering without bulk. The garment has a very clean fit with a streamlined look on. 

I somehow missed this being an ENR, which for some can run a smidge larger than the regular WK. That being said, I never experienced that. I ordered up a size and got the small... because I prefer a tunic length sweater to not be too form fitting or huggy in any way. I like a non compete with any lines of whatever waistband  pockets, phone etc I'm wearing underneath. This works for me. There's just enough to flow away and off, giving that casual ease I like in this WK length. 

This is a truly lovely sweater and I have no doubt each and every one of you will agree, once your orders arrive. Dress it up or down, it's a keeper! I am seriously considering the yellow.