Honored Contributor

Exquisite Pant with Tiny Sequins (A390849)

[ Edited ]

[I just wanted to inject a post with the sort of tone we once had prior to this latest terrible news.  If it disturbs you, please stop reading.  Time to talk new clothes for a moment.]

My Linea "Sequin Pull-On Knit Pants" arrived yesterday, and I eagerly tried them on.  I'd already received the Linea "Sequin V-Neck Knit Top" (A390850) and concluded that I really needed to try the coordinating pant.

https://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Sequin-Pull-On-Knit-Pants.product.A390849.html?sc=PRODFE...

https://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Sequin-V-Neck-Knit-Top.product.A390850.html?sc=PRODFEED

First, I chose the pieces in the Midnight Blue.  Ahh, such a chic and enchanting shade.  The color and the mini-sequins make this a classic outfit for the ages.  This blue is rich and magic.  I did harbor some concern that there might be an overload of sequins, but then I reasoned that the long sweep of sequins would be no different than having a long dress that had sequins all over.  No one ever says that the dress has too many sequins.

Plus, something fascinating occurs with Louis's tiny sequins.  He has placed them so that all do not shine at once; it is as though the spotlight falls on areas at alternate moments. 

The maestro at work again.

This outfit looks as though it costs about three to four times what I paid.  Don't miss it.  As I wrote, it is one for the ages.  Surely there will be some big events in your future to warrant this beautiful set.  Some plan to break it up and wear the top with jeans.  Louis also offers us a plain surplice top in Midnight Blue that can work with the sequin pant.

Respected Contributor

: Exquisite Pant with Tiny Sequins (A390849)

I couldn't resist that midnight blue, Goldie. I'm hoping I can wear it next year.

Honored Contributor

Re: : Exquisite Pant with Tiny Sequins (A390849)

chprsp,

That Midnight Blue is something to behold, I agree.  

Really something else!

Honored Contributor

Re: Exquisite Pant with Tiny Sequins (A390849)

I bought last year the original sequin pants in black. This year I bought the sequin black top.

Would I wear them together? Maybe? YOLO. Well constructed & will be worn for probably New Year's Eve. Celebrating at home with maybe an early dinner of shrimp scampi with champagne at midnight.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I am short, and don't look good in long tops.  I have both sequined pants.  Yes, the blue is magical.  What do you gals think about the top, worn together, shall I try it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JJM,

My thought was to wear the top on New Year's Eve, too.  Since I have to shorten the pant, I am not even considering it.  Like you, I'll be celebrating at home.  It is good to dress up and sparkle -- especially when times are hard and challenging.

Your dinner sounds wonderful and I love the midnight champagne toast.  I also sip a bit of champagne at midnight.  

May the year ahead be superior in all ways to this one!  

Honored Contributor

KKWA,

I am short, too, but I am looking at the top as a good camouflage for my hip/thigh area.  If I weren't wearing a color-matching or black pant, then I'd hesitate some.  But I intend to keep everything in an inky and dark colorway.   When I do that, the longish tunic just blends in with the pant.  It does not shorten you.

It would be ideal if I were taller, but I'm not.