Trusted Contributor

Re: Embroidered Shirt Review

I just tried on my shirts.  I love both.  I ordered the set in my larger size and the white in my smaller size as well.   All fit, but the smaller size is more fitted and the larger a relaxed fit.   Keeping both.   Wearing the larger to work and on warm days, and the smaller  when  going out with friends. 

I love  this fabric, feels cool and the nylon makes it less wrinkly than 100% cotton.  It’s lightweight and well made.   I hope he does more in this fabric.

Honored Contributor

I received both shirts.  The material and embroidery are nice but the sleeves are extremely short - like 3/4 sleeves.  I am returning the white and keeping the blue striped to wear casually.  I can roll up the sleeves if I want or wear under a white jean jacket.  

Valued Contributor

I got the white one, but it is such a very wrinkled mess, I haven't dealt with it. In my size it runs very small. I like the fit of the original wing collar shirts in a 1x...has a fitted look, but I'm comfortable. However, this embroidered shirt  made me stand still and not breathe in size 20.  I generally wear a size 18 these days, so thought I'd be safe with the 20.

It's a beautiful shirt, but I don't know if I should order a size 22 which I'm fairly certain would look sloppy with too big shoulders.  And do I want such a high maintenance fabric.  I mean there is pressing and there is major ironing. It's not just that work, but I don't much like looking a wrinkled mess five minutes after putting something on...okay when casually dressed, but I wanted this shirt for the times I would like to look nicer.

sign me....undecided

Frequent Contributor

I have a similar situation. The white shirt in my size is running small. I generally wear an 18, bought the 20. The bust and upper arms are tight despite the measurements indicating that the blouse should fit. I fear the 22 will be too loose. I didn't find the blouse to be overly wrinkled. I do like the material. Not sure if I am going to keep it as I really like it.