Honored Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Embroidered Baseball Jacket On Just Reduced Clearance

I already have it in the ivory.   I wear it often as our days start out and end chilly. It's 67 and beautiful now, headed to 82.   I have a top from Louis in every color that is in the jacket.

Respected Contributor

All they have left is pink and limited white.  I love my black baseball jacket.  It so adorable, slimming, flattering and so eye catching. I am always so surprised when I wear the jacket how many nice comments I get from strangers.  It looks so  much more expensive than it is.

Valued Contributor

I have the black and the white. Always get compliments on them and they're so comfortable.

Respected Contributor

I have the black and the ivory, love them, wear them much more than I thought I would, always get compliments.  Incredible jacket!

Valued Contributor

I've always been drawn to this jacket, but have concerns.  Someone, please help me!

1.  Pink or white?  I would likely exclusively wear with jeans. I'm drawn to the pink, but fear in person, it will be too loud for my taste. Looks to be a bubblegum pink, something I'd see on a 7 year old.  Of course the whole jacket is loud with the big colorful flowers, so maybe it makes no difference?

2.  I've noted a new hangup of mine in not wanting to wear items that everyone seeing me will observe I'm wearing the same thing again.  I bought a tee with a noticeable print that I like the weight and style, but I felt ridiculous putting it on again a week later.  I feel it's better to wear neutrals that I can amend with jewelry or scarves, both of which I have a great many.  Same clothes but change the look.

so, if I'm afraid of wearing this cute jacket, I shouldn't waste my $65, right???

I'm feeling the same way about the new composition print jacket, wouldn't wear it much because of this (stupid?) hangup.

Comments appreciated.

Respected Contributor

@JGalt

Your choice! I own in black.  It is a beauty.  I do not think the pink would be bubblegum pink.  White is good also.  Unfortunately the black jacket sold out in seconds at its first presentation.  

Respected Contributor

I have this jacket in the black and ivory and really love it, wear it often even though I too think about wearing a standout noticeable item often.  I just decided to wear it and be wonderful in it and who cares if people remember that I wore it before!

My first one was in a size too large for me and in the pink.  It was a very pretty pink, but saturated, not pale.  Not exactly bubblegum, it was definitely a great bold pink that honestly could have been worn with many things if you consider it a neutral.

I think the black is my favorite, slimming and the embroidery colors standout and look terrific on it, and for me it's more versatile as I can wear it over several seasons, even in the winter over a sweater tank and then a coat.

Honestly this is such a superb jacket I would give it a try at least.  It will garner compliments and looks every time you wear it, and you can change it up from very casual with washed jeans and a Henley or turtleneck come fall, to elegant, elegant with black slim pants and the long black tank with chiffon hem.  It's an amazing piece.

Valued Contributor

@culebra@author  LOL....I thought someone was going to talk me out buying one Woman LOL

I guess I'm more afraid of the pink one, yet I think I'd be more comfortable wearing it in winter. I'm in hot Texas and will not wear this before late fall.

Thank you, ladies, for taking your time to share.

Respected Contributor

Dear JGalt, all the reasons you mentioned for not wanting to buy it are all the reasons I did. I want special stand out clothes. Dressing should be fun, and thismembroidered jack and the composition print are very special.