Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Earrings discoloring of Inca necklace set

I love these earrings and have worn them several times, but lately they turn green/black all over the top ball whenever I wear them.  I tried cleaning off the discolorationg thoroughly and then coating the ball, that touches the ear, and the post with clear nail polish.  Does this work?  And does anyone know of any other quick fixes for this problem??

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Earrings discoloring of Inca necklace set

@TheOwl 

Well that's disappointing news. Sorry to hear this. I haven't experienced any discoloring in my earrings, but honestly I tend to gravitate to my hoops 90% of the time. I'll have to check mine since you mentioned this. I wonder if any hair, skin or body product may have affected the finish adversely. Perhaps Louis will suggest sending the earrings to his manufacturer for replating. What color are yours?

Respected Contributor

not sure what type of a closure these have, but can you change the ear wire? super simple to do.

Super Contributor

@TheOwl  Please look up Louis DellOlio online and you will find his personal website with an “Ask Louis” section.  Ask about this probem and you will definitely find the answer to fix it to your great satisfaction.  

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't had that problem but it has been a while since I wore my set in the brass ox, I have been trying to rotate my jewelry since I have so much, I probably should start doubling up and wear those pieces that compliment each other.  I will check when I get home though since that is one of my favorite pieces.

I did have that issue with a pair of Judith Ripka's black spinel post earrings that were stored in her jewelry box that I brought, but I had those earrings for years with no problem and just recently I decided to wear them with the matching pendant and saw the discoloration on one of the earrings.  I thought that was strange.

Contributor

I cannot help with your earring problem and wish I could! But I am sending you a large THANK YOU for helping me receive my Linea blazer .Once I reached the lovely lady in corporate she returned my call 3 hours later problem solved.Today 2 days later it arrived on  hanger in a box perfect.Without your help it would never have happened .Just hope it may straighten out the problem at the SC warehouse Thank you again Linea Lady.

Valued Contributor

Thank you ladies for the questions, thoughts, and suggestions!!

It was the gold ox pair but I won't be surprised when it happens with the silvertone pair in that set.

No major cosmetic, dietary, medication changes from the time I purchased the Inca set to the present.

I dont think changing the ear attachment mode would work on these.  It has a post coming out of the ball at the top of the earring which ball then fully touches the ear lobe after the post is inserted into the piercing.  The post goes through the ear lobe and into a circle shaped backing which you push up the post until the circle shaped backing is flush with the back of the ear lobe, which holds the earring on. 

Not ready to involve Louis since I'm pretty sure there is nothing his jewelry manufacturer can do, but will hold tha tthought as a possible future option.

And Patty, I am over-the-moon thrilled that your problem got solved!!  I am so happy that worked out!

I canceled 2 of my 3 lace jackets purchased March 20 which still said "in process".  I did not cancel the indigo - which,  almost 30 days later, still reads as "in process" because when corporate helped me, Inez did an immediate order adjustment and reoreded both the ivory and the burguny colored lace jackets.  But she could not do anything about the Indigo lace jacket because it was already sold out in my size.  So I waited a bunch more days and when the March 20 Indigo still had not shipped I decided to TRY waitlist on a fresh order.  I was the last waitlist person to get in on that Indigo jacket and in my size.  Soon as I ordered it on waitlist you could no longer waitlist that item in that size and color as it displayed as sold out .  So I have a last-ditch waitlist order sitting around that probably will never come through and in the meanwhile I'm not canceling  that one remaining jacket in indigo that I purchased on March 20 still sitting there reading "in process"  The jackets that were reordered by my favorite corporate cs rep, came to me free of charge.  Which brought me to tears honestly.  I was so grateful for her help.  Reality will settle in over the coming weeks and I will probably not see that March 20 indigo EVER ship.  And good luck with being the last person into the waitlist que.  It's OK of course.  Life does not hang on an indigo blue lace jacket.  Which is a good reminder for me.  It's all of the frustration trying to resolve the problem . 

Since that snafu, I had yet another one yesterday.  Since my lace jacket problem and getting a blue berber necklace instead of the olive I had ordered on the heels of getting an Olive Venetian necklace when I ordered the Indigo....., I have really laid back on ordering anything.  One item I DID order however was 1 black twisted bugle bead necklace on wires and 1 silvertone twisted bugle bead necklace on wires.   So the black arrived 3 days ago.  All fine and in good shaped and well packaged.  Yesterday the silver necklace arrived all fine and  in good shape and well packaged.  Except that underneath the box with the silver necklace was a SECOND Linea jewelery box with a SECOND silver necklace with twisted bugle beads with I DID NOT order.  It doesn't show on my invoice.  It doesn't show on my billing.  So now I'll need corporate help again to see the best way  to rectify this.  If I just send it back with the receipted return form  they'll think they need to send me a refund. For something I I never ordered, and I never paid for.   Sigh. I get around in a rollator and it is challenging to get to the post office.  But every moment that second silver necklace is in the house I feel a little bit like a thief with merchandise in my possession I did not pay for.  Will just have to wait for the rain storm here to abate and get my duff off to the post office.    C'est la vie.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheOwl  I had the same situation with 2 dill Venetian necklaces sent to me when I ordered one. C/S was helpful when I told them the duplicate was going back & I did request my postage $ returned to me; which they did refund. No idea how there was a mix up at the warehouse. 

I did attach a note to the box, saying received in duplicate.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Thank you JustJazzmom! I greatly appreciate the help. Order processing has become a botch-up for me lately. All the mix ups have worn me down and diminished my trust / confidence in QVC. 😕 Except for the lovely lady in the corporate office. QVC is lucky to have an employee like her.
Respected Contributor

@TheOwl  Can't you get the post office to pick up the item - either coming to your door or from your mail box?  I have used the option - request a pick up - when the postman didn't take the package from the mailbox.