Honored Contributor

Duchess of Cambridge Wearing an Asymmetrical Neckline Similar to That on A341728

[ Edited ]

Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge watch on as a sign of respect to those who sacrificed their lives in Britain's conflicts. The Queen and members of the royal family are attending the show, as well as Theresa May

She and Prince William joined the Queen and other members of the Royal family to remember Britain's WWI victims in the Royal Albert Hall tonight. 

The woman above her is giving some serious side-eye, but who is the recipient?

Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess of Cambridge Wearing an Asymmetrical Neckline Similar to That on A341728

What do you think is on William's mind?  Looks serious.

Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess of Cambridge Wearing an Asymmetrical Neckline Similar to That on A341728

[ Edited ]

Maybe thinking that the main focus these days is on his younger brother and his wife?  Who knows?

Or, maybe he was short with Kate, and the woman over them is angered by his rudeness to his wife.  Oh but I can think of so many interpretations.

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo  He looks bored. Imagine many of their duties are rather tiring. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

When I saw Duchess Kate's dress I thought of my Linea black top and midi skirt, so very much the same and so in style, but on clearance.  That neckline is easy to wear and so sophisticated.  I've seen it on national news anchors and local ones as well in the past few weeks.

Perhaps Prince William is somber due to the occasion?  Britain lost a generation in the killing fields of WWI, and this event was in remembrance of them and the Armistice that signalled the end of the Great War.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

What do you think is on William's mind?  Looks serious.

They were at an event marking Remembrance Day.

Honored Contributor

Reason for wearing the poppies:

In Flanders fields the poppies grow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
  That mark our place; and in the sky
  The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
  Loved and were loved, and now we lie
      In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
  The torch; be yours to hold it high.
  If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
      In Flanders fields.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

The  "Royal Reviewer" YouTube: observing the Royal family paying respect given the occasion clearly is written on their faces. Each one somberly reflected.

Honored Contributor

Kate had 3 relatives die in WWI.  It is probably quite the somber moment for her as she probably recalls just recently having read letters that were written home shortly before their deaths.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Scooby Doo  He looks bored. Imagine many of their duties are rather tiring. 

@BirkiLady@ @Scooby

I hardly think William is bored.  I think he is a very serious, somber person.  He does not act foolishly and is not impulsive.