Honored Contributor

Re: Does your whisper knit wrinkle in the washer?

I also have a high efficiency front load washer.  I was them on the regular cycle in warm water.  Lay them flat to dry on a rack.  When they are dry I put them in the dryer on delicate with a dryer sheet for about 5 minutes.  They are soft and wrinkle free.  

Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I wash my whisper knit sweaters by hand in color safe Woolite and dry flat on my laundry screen.  I then steam them.  They are perfect.

This is the method I use also . . . no wrinkles . . . always perfectly beautiful

Valued Contributor

I have a HE washer and I wash WK on gentle cycle with medium spin and then dry for a few minutes and hang to dry. No wrinkles with WK.  I roll them up to store them. 

Frequent Contributor

@karlam @moto Thank you, I am so glad to hear I am not the only one this happens to! That's it exactly, the wrinkles are more of a crazing/cracking like on china or something, than wrinkles. I use a clothes steamer and while it does dull the "wrinkle" some it doesn't remove it completely. Sometimes when I take them out of the washer there are dry spots like the water didn't even touch that area of the garment while washing.  It must be the HE washer that creates them.  I will put them in the dryer on low or fluff air, which is what I do with my non-WK Linea pieces before I hang to dry them and they come out perfectly! Thanks again for you input ladies, it has been very helpful!!!!

Respected Contributor

I confess that I put mine in the dryer.  No wrinkles, no shrinkage, no problems.