Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Love This Look as Much as I Do?

[ Edited ]

sorry, its a NO from me also.

i do understand the gym uniform connection that someone else made. we had that same color uniform in the 70s.....a kind of a yellowish manila folder color.......a "dress" that snapped up and bloomers to wear underneath.

gym uniform.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Too funny, Sunshine.

Trusted Contributor

She did wear alot of pretty shades of yellow in many styles.  Just gorgeous.

Esteemed Contributor

Umm, No.  I think this look has come and thankfully,gone.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Another "no."

And here I thought I was the arbiter of good taste.  Oh well. 

@golding76

I still think it is a good look and it will be forthcoming as styling in the near future with, perphaps, a tweak here and there, just as her hair will.

Super Contributor

Goldie, I have been told that my hairstyle is dated by a good friend (and hairdresser) but with my very thick hair, it works and I like it. Not very many women wear skirts when I currently live, but I wear them all the time anyway (and yes, I'm always asked "where are you going?"🙄) 

Oh oh and don't get me started when someone new comes to my home and I'm wearing my daily apron (probably with the above skirt)!

So if you can find a similar outfit, wear it with a smile and make yourself happy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mom2fourboys,

You are preaching to the choir, as they say.  I am an enthusiastic skirt-wearer and made it through my entire career lives never having worn pants to work, except on scheduled all-hands cleaning days.

Sometimes I feel as though I am a quaint relic with my aprons, but I will now remember that you, too, are wearing one.  I love that the apron protects me from splashes of food and water, plus it is a convenient wipe-cloth.  

Hurrah for June Cleaver!  She lives somewhere in Anytown, U.S.A.  LOL

p.s.  Why doesn't QVC offer an assortment of aprons?  I wonder if they ever did.

Honored Contributor

I love it on Diana as much as you do and am also somewhat surprised at some of the answers.  It's a look I remember trying to emulate down to the hairstyle.  Her hair was a lot like mine (straight, thick and the front tended to fall forward). 

I like "neat" clothing and the trend towards always looking like you're about to/or just came from running 3 miles isnt attractive to me.  I realize that's just a personal taste.... and I tend to wear slacks/jeans with a blouse/top/hoodie and my black Harley boots.  Hair is styled in a modified bob, longer in the front and shorter in back.... 

I look like "me" and don't really care about emulating current trends anymore....  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Frequent Contributor

A gym suit on a mannequin!  You've made my day!

Spoiler
Smiley LOL
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree with @JustJazzmom and @sunshine45

Diana's look, although beautiful for her time, is dated. That style of blouse was so 80's and has not endured as a classic, like the button-down, collared or t-shirt styles.

@sunshine45  You gave me a chuckle with that photo--my gym uniform at a Catholic girls school was similar, but in mint green! lol