Trusted Contributor

Other than the subtle difference in the look (and only if you get REALLY close), can anyone explain the difference between Gauze Crepe and Pebble Crepe? Is there something I'm missing?  Thanks for helping! (it's ok to tell me 'go ask Louis' !!)

Super Contributor

Re: Difference in fabrics

[ Edited ]

@Sammijo10

Gauze crepe fiber content is: 97% polyester/ 3% spandex

Pebble crepe fiber Content is: 70% rayon/30% polyester

I find because the Gauze crepe has spandex, the fit is more forgiving than the Pebble Crepe, but that may just be me.

Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

DUH!  I could (should) have looked at the fabric tag!  Thanks, @Fair Lady, for pointing out the obvious.  I now know why the one with rayon and no stretch looks so awful after washing. While the rayon top was comfortable in the humidity due to the 'natural' fiber, I'm sure the one with more poly and spandex washes better.  It's unfortunate as I'm not partial to poly.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Difference in fabrics

[ Edited ]

@Sammijo10 @Fair Lady  Great question!  I have never worn either of these fabrics. Now I know why: polyester. I hate it. Also dislike spandex. Even though I love the embroidery, you have just saved me some money. I'll spend it on LDO's new Whisper Knits in coming months!!  Thanks.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

@Sammijo10 I did find that my pieces in pebble crepe got a bit smaller after I washed them and I always wondered why. Then I remembered some draperies I had made for a client that had some rayon in the fabric and they would rise and fall a bit depending on the humidity. (Never did that again!)

I don’t usually like polyester in hot weather. But the gauze crepe, even though it has a lot of polyester, is comfortable even in hot weather.  I think it’s because the texture in the weave lifts the fabric off your skin so air can circulate. I wear those Stand Collar Swing Shirts on the hottest days and find them comfortable.

I haven’t given up on the Pebble Crepe though and just ordered the Boatneck Swing Tunic because I must try the dark teal. I’m hoping there’s enough swing that it won’t matter if it gets a bit smaller.

I also may try putting the pebble crepe in the dryer. I have been laying them flat to dry but I heard Louis say that putting them in the dryer releases the fibers and softens them up or something like that.

Louis’s clothes are so beautiful that it’s worth it to me to figure out how to care for them.

I hope this long ramble helps you in some way.

Have a nice day and enjoy all the wonderful Louis moments that are coming our way in the next days.

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady, I can wear the Pebble Crepe crop pants - lots of rayon, so it 'dominates' the feel, but wow do they wrinkle when washed and turn stiff as a board until completely dry.  But I so agree about most slipperly poly, makes my skin crawl.  I do love the new top with the embroidery, may just try that gauze crepe and see how it feels.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Sammijo10  Kristen and Louis had such a great presentation of that embroidered tunic that I caved! Bought the teal and am excited to try the fabric. His explanations are so educational and interesting. Kristen asks the right questions to help viewers. Some hosts aren't professional enough to encourage me to BUY. Kristen is a professional . . . and Louis rocks with great information! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I can't wear any poly in the summer. I've been collecting cotton skirts and dresses for many years. Still have two cotton Linea skirts that I bought many years ago.

That said, even though I don't wear gauze crepe in the summer I love the fabric. It has a totally different feel than most poly. I have the gauze crepe chemise dress and live in it until it gets warm out.