Respected Contributor

Re: Deeply Missing the Linea Fashions

[ Edited ]

@Karlakaye The Port Reefer Coat is beautiful!

FC38658D-D89C-4060-A4F5-CC97650A9E97.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@Seka I agree!!  Thanks for the photos.

KK

Honored Contributor

None of their current fashions come close to what Louis offered. He truly was the best.

New Contributor

I, too, share your sadness that Louis is no longer designing clothes or costume jewelry for QVC. I don’t wear “elevated pajamas” outside of the house. The blazer has never gone out for me, and a properly fitted trouser is not a speciality but an expectation. I don’t want to look like a clown, and I don’t want to walk around looking like a llama that busted out of the pasture. Too much Sherpa; too much everything goes with anything. Nope, it doesn’t. Louis was the designer for me in all ways, and now there is none to compare. And I have not even spoken of his jewelry. People ask me all the time where my jewelry comes from, where they can get it. The sad truth is they can’t. I love my Linea clothing and jewelry; I wish I could buy more of it.i
Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know how Linea is doing?  I hope he is enjoying his retirement. Such a class act of a man.

Frequent Contributor

Christmas I have worn his sequin pants with tons of compliments. Every year I wear his green whisper knit turtle and skirt with matching coat that looks like mohair--gorgeous. I have lost some weight and would love to replenish with smaller sizes--boo hoo.  It was fabulous while it lasted. Still thinking of the lemon skirt that was in the proposal state. At least my QVC bill has gone down.

Respected Contributor

I love Louis's sequin pants.  I have the matching sequin top.  But I mostly style the sequin pants like Louis did - with my tuxedo jacket. The Linea tuxedo jacket and the sequin pants are spectacular together.  I also own a charmeuse tank that I believe is also Linea.  I top it off with my Linea Twisted sister necklace in Black and Silver.  This is a Louis (Linea) styled perfect outfit.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's a photo from Louis's Blog showing the Linea Tuxedo Jacket w/Sequin Pants - I too own these pieces....as well as the co-ordinating Tuxedo Pants and the Sequin Top.E1D7C315-2527-48D6-BA5A-5397A86F961F.jpeg

Occasional Contributor

It seemed like his line was being shown less and less and at odd times of the night.

Respected Contributor

I am going to a fancy wedding New Year's weekend this December.  I am wearing Linea both nights for Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding.  For Rehearsal Dinner I am wearing Louis's beautiful tuxedo jacket and for pants his beautiful black beaded pants.  I own a gorgeous Armani tank for under the jacket.  I have worn this outfit previously - a spectacular outfit!!

For the wedding I purchased all three of his embroidered skirts - Blue/black, silver/black and Latte/black.  I also own a gorgeous Donna Karan black beaded body suit or a Donna Karan plain knit body suit for the top.  The decision is which of those beautiful skirts should I wear.  I also found a gorgeous black wrap soft suede belt for the waist. As I am only 5'3" the skirts are slightly past the ankles on me rather than tea length so are perfect for a black tie wedding.

For Easter I wore Louis's ivory blazer with the sumptuous pearl buttons with his ivory pants and an ivory camisole.  Another spectacular outfit designed by Louis Dell Olio!

So happy I made a lot of clothing investments when Louis was still designing and offering such gorgeous clothing! No one else like him!