Trusted Contributor

Re: Deeply Missing the Linea Fashions

yes, @golding76 , why indeed was Linea taken away?

I took it as a personal snub to a select group of ladies.

LDO was highly regarded (loved) by his customers.

This time of year also makes me nostalgic for the unveiling of Louis' winter pieces.

dee

Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

I agree with all of you. I was newer to the line than most of you, but I absolutely loved it and it fit my lifestyle perfectly. It still does.

When we were in lockdown and I was speaking from a porch weekly I relied on my suede trench coats in the cooler weather. They kept me warm.

Inside for filming by myself I wore my dresses and blazers.

Now that it's fall I'm ready to get it all out again. The temperature dropped drastically today. I wore long pants instead of crops. 

There are so many pieces you all talk about that I wish I had, but I will treasure the  pieces I do have!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If clothing lasts long, doesn't pill or shrink, is classic, and doesn't have planned obsolescence, it is of no interest to the seller.  Louis is a lovely person, and for that alone, I miss him!

Respected Contributor

I was a latecomer to Linea, but I have several of his lovely blouses, and a jacket...classic, and will never go out of style.

My understanding is that Louis decided to retire, understandable at his age, if true.

Valued Contributor

I second all your comments on the beauty and timelessness of his designs. They stand the test of time. I miss all your comments Linea Ladies. A special shout out to Goldie76. Your comments were like poetry to me. Miss you all.

Respected Contributor

Add my name to the list of people who miss that man and his awesome clothing. I'm so glad I bought lots of items when I did.  I wish he could return. 

Super Contributor

I too miss Linea soooo much. Luckily I have a LOT of his stuff but I wonder what new fabulous stuff he would have brought to us. The Q got rid of him, he did not just decide to retire if I remember correctly. As a result this is the first time in years I have had nothing on my Q card. 

Respected Contributor

@vermint It was NOT Louis decision.  QVC made the decision not to continue with his line.  A very bad decision on QVC's part.  Considering the constraints that were put upon him, I think it was a remarkable line for price, quality, design.  He personally oversaw and was involved in each piece he created. Starting with the initial sketch and ending with the finished product.

He stood behind his designs.  If you had a problem with and of the jewelry, no matter how long you had it, you could send it to the manufacturer for the cost of postage.

I remember a Linea Lady lost a belt to her trench coat after a year and wrote to Louis.........he was able to send her one!!!!!!!!!!!

His models were, always, presented beautifully because they were styled by him,,,,,,,,,,,,,head to toe even when Jennifer was hosting.    Truly professional!

Respected Contributor

I agree!  I loved Louis's fashions.  I am glad I purchased a lot of Linea.

Respected Contributor

They dropped him supposedly when everyone was supposedly wearing sweats etc. Now everyone is dressing up again and going to offices etc.  I love all of my Linea Clothing.  QVC dropped him too quickly.