Respected Contributor

Re: Deeply Missing the Linea Fashions

[ Edited ]

I bet they wish they had him now.  People are going out and back to work.  I wish I could purchase new Linea.  I am going on a trip in a couple of weeks. My whole suitcase including my Linea trench will be Linea.  I wish he was still designing clothing.  His clothing competes favorable with my Armani Collezioni and Emporio Armani clothing.

Regular Contributor

Seka, Exactly. I still wear Linea almost every day. I haven't watched a minute of QVC since they dropped the Linea line, can't remember the channel number. I've changed size and I'm still shopping successfully for pieces on the secondary market but it's not like the fun of a new season collection.

Honored Contributor

I really miss those gorgeous leather (real!) jackets Louis offered for reasonable prices.  I have a couple but I lost weight and would love to get another one (or two) in a smaller size. 

It seems like they just aren't making leather jackets anymore and all of the faux leather one looks so fake and plastic. (to me)

Honored Contributor

Been looking for a pair of classic tailored ponte pants....can help but pine for Louis😥

Honored Contributor

One word described his clothing...elegant. He knew how to dress a woman where she could shine, not necessarily her clothing. 

I believe he had designed for Anne Klein? Another company that dressed women beautifully.

No clothing sold on QVC can come close to his gift. He was a real designer. 💕

Esteemed Contributor

I miss Louis as well and often wonder what new designs he would bringing to us now.  I am absolutely enjoying as much of my purchases over the years.  I too have lost weight so some items are too big so they are stored in my basement in bins.  His real leather/whisper knit jackets are awesome and I wear them all the time..

Super Contributor

I see so many things that look like knock offs of what he did. maybe I am trying to see connections that aren’t there. But, the Talbots holiday fashion circular had a long black mesh skirt that looked a lot like the dressy long black embroidered tulle skirts that Louis did. Talbots skirts have polkadots embroidered on them and not flowers, but it has a similar look.
Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 

His clothes were also well tailored and you could trust his measurement charts.

Respected Contributor

There is no question that I spend a lot less money at Q.

Valued Contributor

I adore all my Linea, and was so THRILLED this week to score A MAJOR COUP FIND on ebay for an amazingly  unbelievable price----the port single breasted blazer style coat A298054.  It is gorgeous and I am over the moon.  I have several matching port pieces (skirt, dress, whisper knit sweater) to make some beautiful ensembles.  So, just keep your eye on ebay--you never know what you will find ......

KK