Honored Contributor

Re: Deeply Missing the Linea Fashions

i was a long time linea customer......always enjoyed louis, even when i was not buying. did not purchase a lot from his last few collections because they did not appeal to me for some reason. i still enjoy following him and reading his stories and seeing his photos on facebook.

i am now trying to cut down my wardrobe a bit because i have so much and i have been selling some of my linea pieces on thredup. i hate to see it sitting there when i know someone else may want it or can use it. some of it is too conservative for me now, some of it doesnt really fit into my lifestyle anymore, some of it is outdated.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@vermint It was NOT Louis decision.  QVC made the decision not to continue with his line.  A very bad decision on QVC's part.  Considering the constraints that were put upon him, I think it was a remarkable line for price, quality, design.  He personally oversaw and was involved in each piece he created. Starting with the initial sketch and ending with the finished product.

He stood behind his designs.  If you had a problem with and of the jewelry, no matter how long you had it, you could send it to the manufacturer for the cost of postage.

I remember a Linea Lady lost a belt to her trench coat after a year and wrote to Louis.........he was able to send her one!!!!!!!!!!!

His models were, always, presented beautifully because they were styled by him,,,,,,,,,,,,,head to toe even when Jennifer was hosting.    Truly professional!

@Somertime Thanks for the explanation. I honestly thought, from some things I read here (not really carefully, I admit, lol!) that he had chosen to retire. In any case, he sure is missed!

Honored Contributor

@vermint .....he DID choose to no longer represent the brand on air and had a brand representative do the presentations. honestly, i think that is where some of the decline of the brand began. i know myself that i did not watch hardly at all when that happened.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

In addition to losing his beloved wife, his longtime clothing manufacturer retired.  Louis did the designs and she broght them to life.  QVC was also going in a different direction and gave him less air time.  His quality and attention to detail were amazing!

Trusted Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Today I wore a Linea cardigan spun from Whisper Knit.  Between the softness of the caressing knit and the perfectly designed style, I was pushed into Linea Loss Melancholia.  

The other day when it was much hotter than today, I wore the flower print blouse with ruffles in the red shade.  So comfortable because of its lightness and airiness!

How I loved Louis Dell'Olio's fashions -- and how much I miss them.  This was the time of year when his work would climb to brilliant heights.  Fall and Winter were Linea's best seasons, in my humble opinion.

Why was it taken away?   

I feel your pain!  In the last two days, I wore his jeans-style pants with a taupe hoodie

that is so nice-looking, & the slim pants with a crepe texture, plus the short sleeved, V -neck cardi, in geranium, with "Jac's Garden" floral print scarf.  They all looked so good!
Best wishes to you all!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with everyone else. His fashions were gorgeous and high quality. So much better than Cuddl Duds, Susan Graver and Kim Gravel all rolled up in one. He was a class act and very missed. 

Respected Contributor

Even though I haven’t purchased one single thing from The Q since Louis left….I am still wearing Linea every day….I usually would buy multiples of Linea pieces that I loved….but when it was made public that Louis would be leaving….I really stocked up. A spectacular Designer….who loved designing….and communicating with his Linea Ladies.
Am getting my Whisper Knits out for Fall/Winter - my absolute favourite of all the knits/fabrics Louis offered.
Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Today I wore a Linea cardigan spun from Whisper Knit.  Between the softness of the caressing knit and the perfectly designed style, I was pushed into Linea Loss Melancholia.  

The other day when it was much hotter than today, I wore the flower print blouse with ruffles in the red shade.  So comfortable because of its lightness and airiness!

How I loved Louis Dell'Olio's fashions -- and how much I miss them.  This was the time of year when his work would climb to brilliant heights.  Fall and Winter were Linea's best seasons, in my humble opinion.

Why was it taken away?   

QVC management goofed, regardless of their reasoning at the time. To not find a small space for a boutique line made possible by the extraordinary talents of a world class, acclaimed designer, was short-sighted and no doubt impacted their bottom line and brand. We "Linea Ladies" spent a lot of money at QVC while we were buying up the latest Linea offerings. I have to say, I no longer purchase anything at QVC since Louis left. Rarely, if ever, do I come to this site. The only reason I'm here now is that I'm purchasing Linea jewelry! 

Like many of you, I still have my Linea collection and enjoy wearing my favorites every season. Fall was always the best of the best seasons for Linea and I miss seeing the new offerings Louis had in store for us. Louis knew how to dress us, keeping us current and classy and made us feel special & beautiful. Glad we still get to see him on his blog & Facebook and that he's continued to design a jewelry line. But, I'll forever miss the Linea clothing line. Such a loss. And, it's ALL YOUR FAULT, QVC!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is amazing since he retired, I buy very little clothing from QVC. As far as I was concerned he was their best designer.

Only thing I have purchased is a good looking boucle blazer with gold buttons from Dennis Basso.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sadly add my similar comments to this nostalgic post. Louis was by far the most dependable, upscale designer that QVC had. To be fair, Dennis Basso has some nicel jackets, but overall Louis is the best. None of the newer designers can hold a candle to him. 
I hope someday another designer arrives at the Q as talented as Louis, but that is a tall order.