Honored Contributor

Deeply Missing the Linea Fashions

Today I wore a Linea cardigan spun from Whisper Knit.  Between the softness of the caressing knit and the perfectly designed style, I was pushed into Linea Loss Melancholia.  

The other day when it was much hotter than today, I wore the flower print blouse with ruffles in the red shade.  So comfortable because of its lightness and airiness!

How I loved Louis Dell'Olio's fashions -- and how much I miss them.  This was the time of year when his work would climb to brilliant heights.  Fall and Winter were Linea's best seasons, in my humble opinion.

Why was it taken away?   

Re: Deeply Missing the Linea Fashions

I wholeheartedly agree.  Louis del Oleo fashions were far and away the best  quality fashions on QVC.  I bought many of his leather jackets - so unique.  His WhisperKnit sweaters were amazing.  There are no others that come close to his quality.  The tailoring on his suit jackets were also amazing.  It seems now that QVC dictates the fabric that all of the designers and their own brands use to create their garments.  

What a loss.  I too miss Linea fashions on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

We really miss Linea-especially come Fall.

I have bins and bins of Linea sitting in my basement, in excellent condition. I have lost a lot of weight and can no longer wear my old plus sizes. Bittersweet, for sure.

I have only been able to replace a few pieces from eBay and other local sources. Plus sizes and "nicer" clothes do not sell well at my local upscale consignment boutique.

I especially miss all the outerwear coats and jackets and the petite length super ponte pants along with the Whisper Knits, sequinned holiday items and many special items too numerous to mention.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss Linea and Louis too.  I have that same flower print blouse with the ruffle placket and bell sleeves in red.  I also have a few other blouses and a silk scarf.  I wish that I kept more of those clothes. At one time, I had a closet full.  I think my favorites were the safari and military styles.  Oh yeah, the trench coats too. They were awesome!

Edited to add:  the boho skirts! I miss them too.  I am embarrassed to say that I had about ten of them.  I never wore skirts (or dresses), except for those skirts. Light as a feather for hot weather wearing, shaped perfectly to look great on any body shape.  Also the cheetah print collection!  Loved it. Not an animal print person, but Louis changed my mind about that.

Esteemed Contributor

I had those same blouses in both red and black. Gorgeous!

Living in a bin in the basement now.

For sure some styles did not stand the test of time, but so many have and the quality and value were unmatched anywhere.

How I miss the Linea Leisure cotton pull on pants. I think I have a few that still fit, although on the roomy side.

Super Contributor

Many of the Linea items I own stand the test of time, such as blazers, classics blouses, and outerwear.  His jackets and coats are beautiful.  My collection of Linea is a dandy one.  Most are worn in the fall and winter season.  I loved wearing them years ago and I look forward to wearing them again this season.  Some of lace items or embroidered items are stunning and not worn often, but I will not part with them.  Clothing aside, it is his jewelry that will outlive his clothing.  I have drawers full.  Nothing on the market compares. I receive compliments often and have not purchased any jewelry since - I have everything I could ever need or want.

Q was too hasty in the decision to drop Linea.  I feel they dropped him for the jogger pants and loungewear craze.  Louis was a true designer who offered exceptional fabrics.  Linea was unique.  There is always a market for such classic lovely clothing.  

I am thankful I have what I have.

Respected Contributor

This is the time of year I miss Linea the most.  The Fall collection was always classic and fabulous, the suedes and leathers, Whisper knit sweaters, oh my. 

I still have a nice collection, most of it fits well still, some is too large due to weight loss, but sometimes that is fine as his clothes carry the style and don't overwhelm even if they hang in a languid way....!  The really too large items I have donated for others to enjoy.

I've just begun wearing some of his fall collections from previous years, still look amazing and quality.  Love the jewelry too.

Miss Louis, and certainly miss his fashions.  

Honored Contributor

My nicest clothes are from his line. Luckily, they hold up well, and I only need them for dressier situations which are few and far between. Still, I think QVC should have continued his line!

Respected Contributor

I always thought he just never got over losing his wife, I may be wrong?

Honored Contributor

Another poster on this forum mentioned the quality of the pants she just received from the Q....reminded me of my classic well worn slacks from Linea.  Nothing comes close.  I share your sadness....a design legend and sorely missed.