Occasional Contributor

Customer Service Errors in Price Guarantee Calculation

I appreciate how the Social Team has been responsive to email requests for price adjustments on several Linea items.  However, I am baffled how their refund calculations are totally inaccurate. My emails explicitly  describe order number, date, item description, price paid, price reduction and expected return including tax paid. In two instances, they have emailed that an inaccurate amount is being credited. Simple math errors. I have politely responded to their emails explaining the errors.  Will see what happens.  The 30 day price guarantee policy is most appreciated, but it should be accurate.

Honored Contributor

Re: Customer Service Errors in Price Guarantee Calculation

I can't believe anyone would quibble over a few pennies in tax.  Why are you telling us this anyway?  Its between you and QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Guess I didn't consider over $25 a few pennies.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shepluv she's the resident QVC forum curmudgeon, pay her no mind.  

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@shepluv she's the resident QVC forum curmudgeon, pay her no mind.  

@tipsy 

I have to disagree, there ARE a few posters here who meet your description IMO, but @Kachina624  isn't one of them.

Again, that's just MY opinion and we're all entitled to ours and to voice them here on the forums.

I also got the impression from the OP's post, that her complaint was not being reimbursed for the tax on a price adjustment, which does indeed amount to pennies.

To my knowledge QVC has never reimbursed tax on price adjustments and I've shopped here for over 25 years, but I could be wrong.

It is my understanding that the tax is sent to the state of the buyer according to their state's tax laws.

Either way, sometimes the written word can be misinterpreted with the lack of tone of voice and facial expressions to fully convey the intent of the post, but I know that @Kachina624 is just not a hateful, snarky kind of person at all.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your kind words @KingstonsMom .  I'm also under the impression that QVC either can't or won't reimburse tax because they aren't reimbursed by the states.  I'm sure the mods have or will explain that to the OP.  She may not like it but can you imagine the bookkeeping nightmare such reimbursements would create?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

@KingstonsMom 

IN NYS...

The majority of all companies pay sales tax quarterly.  Sales price refunds should include tax and the reduction/credit would be reflected in their systems before they pay the sales tax to the state.

Any additional credits of sales tax can also be deducted from the next tax period.

I pay the sales tax for our company.

I watch my items closely for 30 days and always request a sale price reduction including tax.

I do this thru the mods and always receive my small sales tax credit on the sale price.

Once I tried on the phone and the CS said we don't give sales tax back. That is WRONG.  You must do so.  I go to the mods always now.

This may not apply to all states....QVC must abide by each states sales tax law.

@shepluv 

I'm sure there is either an explanation or an apology for the error.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife.  There you go, an explanation from someone who knows her stuff.

My apologies to @shepluv .  I hope her state is one where she can get what she expects.

Respected Contributor

Another possibility is that OP ordered the original on a free shipping day and requested a price adjustment on a day when the item had a shipping charge.  I notice that some of the reps calculate that in the refund, others do not.  

Occasional Contributor

My intent was merely to alert those requesting price adjustments that errors could occur. I tried to make it easier for the representative by clearly stating explicit details for each of my many orders. (Was in no way asking for tax refund although HSN always refunds tax on the difference.) It was puzzling when the original price minus the sale price was inaccurate by several dollars—simple math. A few dollars can be overlooked, but when it happens over multiple orders it adds up. It happened to be the same rep also.