Respected Contributor

Re: Could Sure Use Some Linea Ladies' Advice

I too think it would be perfect; I tried it on with black top and skirt and long pearls....super pretty for a wedding.  

You can have fun deciding on other accessories (I agree, no tights) and you will look very sophisticated, totally appropriate, and as others have said, comfortable so you can enjoy the wedding.  

Valued Contributor

I agree. For an AM wedding that would be very classy.  Have fun!

Respected Contributor

I also think the alabaster/black cardigan and S/S sweater set will look great at a morning wedding.  I plan to wear mine to church.  I think it's dressy looking, especially with the right accessories.  

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to my inquiry and for making wonderfully helpful suggestions about how to accessorize my outfit to make it more wedding appropriate,  Will definitely can the tights idea in favor of some sheer black stockings and pointy-toe heels and trade in my huge leather over-the-shoulder handbag for a clutch. I love the suggestion of all black under the sweater and will try that look as well. I do have some of Louis's long pearl strands which several folks thought would look sophisticated with this outfit. (The snooty relatives are definitely pearl-people so I might get points for that look--though their pearls are probably real and heirloom). Again, thanks a million for all the thoughtful replies.

Trusted Contributor

Remember that all of Jackie Kennedy's pearls were fashion pearls! You'll look fabulous!
Respected Contributor

@FreddieMac

I think you'll look fabulous! Get ready for compliments coming your way...Have fun!