Valued Contributor

Copper Ox Bracelet

[ Edited ]

Just got the bracelet, necklace is still shipping. The color is pretty but it looks like a darker color(Black ) is peeping thru on the beads, is this the patina aspects? or aging process look?

Hard to describe but seems like not enough of the copper color are on the beads. Looks like the copper has rubbed off a lot.

Anyone  else bracelet looks like this, is this suppose to look like this?

Is this the burnish finish that someone mentioned ?

Valued Contributor

@Tylerpoo, I won't receive my Etruscan copper pieces until tomorrow, but I read "copper ox" to mean oxidation which is a jeweler term the application of a black finish, to one degree or another, by immersing the jewelry in a chemical oxidizing solution. When I made jewelry, the solution would be applied and then brushed or wiped off lightly leaving some parts of the jewelry still coated with the solution which made darker "antique" spots.

Super Contributor

Agree - the OX means oxidized and if you zoom in on the photo on the product page, especially the earrings, it does show the black oxidized effect. Sounds like yours has more than you expected, though. I imagine every set will be unique, some more than others.

Valued Contributor

@moto@diamondscribe  I agree with both of you, it's the oxidation. I just wasn't expecting it. It's a keeper, very pretty, not brassy looking.