Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 997
Registered: ‎03-02-2014

Re: Coin Jewelry Back in Stock

@rochelleS  - I have a question about the incense necklace.  I also purchased the silver.  Two of the chains that hold the incense burner are longer than the other two so that two chains are taunt and the other two are looser and don't really support the burner.  I hope this is clear.  Are all your chains the same length?  TIA!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,599
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Coin Jewelry Back in Stock

@DecorDiva 

I haven't received the necklace yet. So I'm of no help to you now.  Sorry. I did have an issue with the 3 tiered Roma Coin piece which I shared in an other thread which I posted a question to others who have this piece. Mine is defective and went back. I reordered another as the 1st item # is not active for exchanges. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 997
Registered: ‎03-02-2014

Re: Coin Jewelry Back in Stock


@rochelleS wrote:

@DecorDiva 

I haven't received the necklace yet. So I'm of no help to you now.  Sorry. I did have an issue with the 3 tiered Roma Coin piece which I shared in an other thread which I posted a question to others who have this piece. Mine is defective and went back. I reordered another as the 1st item # is not active for exchanges. 


@rochelleS  - I thought you had it already.  Thanks for the reply.  I'm glad they reordered the coin necklaces and you were able to get (hopefully) a good one.  I have it and it is nice.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,341
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Coin Jewelry Back in Stock

I might be receiving that incense burner on Monday or Tuesday so I will check.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,777
Registered: ‎07-24-2010

Re: Coin Jewelry Back in Stock

@rochelleS and @JustJazzmom

Thanks for your thoughts on the coin and incense jewelry. I still haven’t ordered any more pieces. Still trying to decide between colors. 🙂
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,599
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Coin Jewelry Back in Stock


@DecorDiva wrote:

@rochelleS  - I have a question about the incense necklace.  I also purchased the silver.  Two of the chains that hold the incense burner are longer than the other two so that two chains are taunt and the other two are looser and don't really support the burner.  I hope this is clear.  Are all your chains the same length?  TIA!


@DecorDiva 

 

I received my silver incense burner necklace and wanted to let you know that the fout chains holding the burner are all equal in length on mine.

 

I do wish I could make it a bit shorter though. It's a wee bit long for me at 5'2." Wearable, but the chain is so fine and I don't see how I could add any jump rings allowing me to shorten at intervals up to approx four inches.

 

Did you return yours for an exchange?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,599
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Coin Jewelry Back in Stock

[ Edited ]

@morewineplease wrote:
@rochelleS

I have a few questions for you...surprise surprise.
So what earrings do you wear with the Trevi necklace? Did you get the Amalfi too?

I am trying to decide on a second Trevi necklace - Ambra or Nero. I do not need three!!

I think I want some earrings too but only one pair. I love having choices but Louis gave us too many this time. 😆

I know this thread is all about coins, but did you get the incense burner necklace? I think I want that too but trying to decide on color.

@morewineplease 

 

I received the Ambra Trevi necklace. Mine is light in color, like a soft creamy slightly golden color. Very neutral and closest to the color of our skin. (depending on your complexion, of course) If your looking for contrast, this would show up better worn with a darker garment. Otherwise it could rather 'float' if your skin tone is similar to the bead color.

 

I think I'm leaning to the contrast and pop of the other color options. Just more interesting to my eye. I'm just starting to pull and wear some fall garments, so I'll leave my final decision open a little bit longer as I look to pair this with Alabaster, Ivory etc.

 

I did receive my silver incense burner necklace. Very, very sweet! Love the detail and it's definitely unique in design. You won't see this coming and going. Edited to add... this piece is very demure. Fits inside my closed hand. The scale is perfect just like the detailed design. My BFF has the gold version and wore it to a gem show in the Sarasota area on Friday. Multiple vendors complemented her necklace, and these people see lots 'n lots of jewelry. It's a cool piece, either one would be a good choice, but I sense your leaning toward the gold. I've let my hair go natural and silver tones are flattering with my hair and skin these days.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 997
Registered: ‎03-02-2014

Re: Coin Jewelry Back in Stock

@rochelleS  - I returned and did not reorder.  While it was exquisitely made, it also felt too long for me. ( I am 5' 4).  I tried doubling the chain, but it was too awkward and visually unappealing.  Thanks for posting about the chain length. I have a ton of Linea jewelry that I need to be wearing!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,777
Registered: ‎07-24-2010

Re: Coin Jewelry Back in Stock


h@rochelleS wrote:

@morewineplease wrote:
@rochelleS

I have a few questions for you...surprise surprise.
So what earrings do you wear with the Trevi necklace? Did you get the Amalfi too?

I am trying to decide on a second Trevi necklace - Ambra or Nero. I do not need three!!

I think I want some earrings too but only one pair. I love having choices but Louis gave us too many this time. 😆

I know this thread is all about coins, but did you get the incense burner necklace? I think I want that too but trying to decide on color.

@morewineplease 

 

I received the Ambra Trevi necklace. Mine is light in color, like a soft creamy slightly golden color. Very neutral and closest to the color of our skin. (depending on your complexion, of course) If your looking for contrast, this would show up better worn with a darker garment. Otherwise it could rather 'float' if your skin tone is similar to the bead color.

 

I think I'm leaning to the contrast and pop of the other color options. Just more interesting to my eye. I'm just starting to pull and wear some fall garments, so I'll leave my final decision open a little bit longer as I look to pair this with Alabaster, Ivory etc.

 

I did receive my silver incense burner necklace. Very, very sweet! Love the detail and it's definitely unique in design. You won't see this coming and going. Edited to add... this piece is very demure. Fits inside my closed hand. The scale is perfect just like the detailed design. My BFF has the gold version and wore it to a gem show in the Sarasota area on Friday. Multiple vendors complemented her necklace, and these people see lots 'n lots of jewelry. It's a cool piece, either one would be a good choice, but I sense your leaning toward the gold. I've let my hair go natural and silver tones are flattering with my hair and skin these days.


Hi Rochelle!

 

Thanks for getting back to me!  While I love the neutrality of the ambra, what you describe about the paleness is why I think I’ve hesitated ordering it.  I’m so fair that it’d probably blend into my skin too much.  If I were tan, I think I’d like it more.  I really like the red one I got and see it going with many colors. I think if I order another, I’ll go with the black.  Didn’t you get the Amalfi necklace too?   If so, what are your thoughts on it?

 

While my coloring is more warm, I still like and wear silver, maybe because of my blue eyes.  Also depends on what I’m wearing, like blues and purples for example I prefer to wear silver jewelry.  The Inca necklace I have in the brass and silver colors.  So I will ponder which Incense one to get a bit more, lol.  Such a unique piece, but I’m sorry you’re struggling with the length of it.  Wish you could find a way to shorten it. 

 

Hope you're having a great weekend!

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,599
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Coin Jewelry Back in Stock

@morewineplease 

 

Yes, you expressed my thoughts exactly with the paleness of the Ambra Trevi. I do have and love the black. Like I'd previously mentioned,  it's like a perfect Little Black Dress, a staple that fills a multitude of needs and occasions. A mainstay, dress this necklace up or down to fill and fit with everything. A definite yes from me. My BFF has the green Trevi. She loves it! I may swap my Ambra for this.

 

Love the Amalfi, the detail and little colored stones on the chain are unique. But, alas this is another piece that is too long on my short stature. It wears me. I don't like it doubled. I can wear long necklaces when the strand(s) are thinner though. The proprtions are much more to scale on me and looks so much better.

 

I am looking forward to seeing the upcoming multiple sized pearl and bead little number that was sneak peeked on air in Aug and in recent photos Louis has shared. I have a boatload of Joan Rivers vintage toursades that have a similar look, so it'll be interesting to compare. I bot so much on the bay before she passed away for pennies on the dollar. Talk about organizing jewelry. Oy!

 

Hope you're having a great weekend too! I can't believe how fast this year has flown.