Esteemed Contributor

Re: Catherine Zeta-Jones Does Capri on the Wild Side (I Know Better than to Ask Louis for This)

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@shaggygirl 

From the interview that was given he said: heavy smoker for decades. I have no knowledge of what you mentioned. Prayers his Cancer stays in remission. 

@Sweet_Serenity 

Yes, he was a long time smoker but that is not what he says the throat cancer came from. Google his name plus the word cancer. I think if I were to type it here the thread would be deleted.

Honored Contributor

Re: Catherine Zeta-Jones Does Capri on the Wild Side (I Know Better than to Ask Louis for This)

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Michael is a cancer survivor. Treatments from experience with friends are horrible and devastating effects on the body. Good on him surviving. 

Their love is strong. Catherine was vocal publicly about her own illness.

Find often pictures aren't always accurate in this case especially.

The few times watching Catherine present her line she is always gracious.

Prayers for Michael Douglas and his family. Love, Moves mountains. 

@Sweet_Serenity 

I didn't think it was very gentlemanly when he made it public how he contracted the throat cancer.  He had to announce "stuff" about his s** life to the world? Is nothing private & personal anymore?  Apparently not in his case.

What the heck?  Gentlemanly??  

Michael gave this information out to warn others what what happened to him could happen to them as well.  I wonder how many people even knew you could contact cancer this way.

I think he was very brave to go public.  It is so stupid to stick your head in the sand over sexual diseases and disorders.  Education is key to staying safe and healthy.

I see nothing wrong with his "announcement." HPV is a serious issue. Thankfully, our children can receive a vaccine ( Gardasil)  when they are around 12 years old.  This will greatly reduce this infection that can lead to cancer.

BTW, nearly all cervical cancer is caused by the HPV virus.  Should women hide in shame and not talk about it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Michael is a cancer survivor. Treatments from experience with friends are horrible and devastating effects on the body. Good on him surviving. 

@Sweet_Serenity 

I didn't think it was very gentlemanly when he made it public how he contracted the throat cancer.  He had to announce "stuff" about his s** life to the world? Is nothing private & personal anymore?  Apparently not in his case.

What the heck?  Gentlemanly??  

Michael gave this information out to warn others what what happened to him could happen to them as well.  I wonder how many people even knew you could contact cancer this way.

I think he was very brave to go public.  It is so stupid to stick your head in the sand over sexual diseases and disorders.  Education is key to staying safe and healthy.

I see nothing wrong with his "announcement." HPV is a serious issue. Thankfully, our children can receive a vaccine ( Gardasil)  when they are around 12 years old.  This will greatly reduce this infection that can lead to cancer.

BTW, nearly all cervical cancer is caused by the HPV virus.  Should women hide in shame and not talk about it?

@Carmie 

I understand the point you're making and I don't doubt that many would totally agree with you. For me personally, I don't think he had to let the world know what activity he and his wife engaged in in the bedroom. Had he been single and dating around I probably wouldn't have been bothered by it. I guess my bottom line would be.....if his wife didn't care then why should I? If it did bother her then she has my sympathy.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl   What makes you think he got this cancer from his wife or think you know what type of sexual activity they engage in?

HPV can be silent for years then rear it's ugly head.

Also, most people engage in the same sexual activities in their bedroom.  He didn't invent anything new.

Valued Contributor

Goldie; bet you never thought your little flight of fantasy fashion thread would take off in such an appetizing and catty direction, didya? MEOW, "ladies".

Respected Contributor

@January121:  I didn't want to appear rude, but I also thought (at first glance) this was Michael's father, Kirk Douglas. Smiley Surprised As for Catherine's dress, I think it's a little too low cut. She looks gorgeous otherwise.  

Honored Contributor

WNYgal,

I've been thinking the same thing:  My post had to do with a plunging Gatsby-inspired frock and has become a forum on private acts and their possible consequences.  Let's drop that aspect, please, one and all, and return to criticizing my liking Catherine's naughty dress.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out @Sweet_Serenity .  I think some of the posters may not have been aware of his bout with cancer.  Chemo really kicks ****** and can leave a person permanently looking older and/or frailer. 

@shoesnbags 

i knew he had cancer, but that was back in 2010 and beat it in one year.

he looked so good after all of the treatment. he does not look well at all in this photo.....looks like he has aged quite a lot.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@shaggygirl   What makes you think he got this cancer from his wife or think you know what type of sexual activity they engage in?

Also, most people engage in the same sexual activities in their bedroom.  He didn't invent anything new.

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie 

Yes of course. Whatever you say.

Honored Contributor

Photos of other 74-year-old men.  Michael looks good by comparison.

Image result for photos of men who are 74 years old

This one is 72 years old