Esteemed Contributor

Re: Catherine Zeta-Jones Does Capri on the Wild Side (I Know Better than to Ask Louis for This)

@Tadaki wrote:

She would definitely be great as a model.  I've seen 1 or 2 of her shows on QVC and she was impressive.  However, I would love to see a model for his shows who isn't 5'8" or taller!

Surprised to see her husband doesn't look well.  Haven't seen him for a long time.  

@Tadaki  .... yes, for a minute I thought her husband was his father!!!!! .... he looks so old & does not look well 😰

Honored Contributor

Re: Catherine Zeta-Jones Does Capri on the Wild Side (I Know Better than to Ask Louis for This)

I'm hoping that Michael Douglas is simply worn out from his recent European jaunt and that his telomeres are almost as long as those of his 102-year-old dad, Kirk.

Perhaps he caught a bug.

Honored Contributor

I was shocked to see the picture of him.  He looks at least 90.  Sad to see him look so frail.

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

yes, for a minute I thought her husband was his father!!!!! .... he looks so old & does not look well 😰

He is old enough to be Zeta's father. Smiley Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Michael is 74.
Catherine is 49.
Honored Contributor

Michael is a cancer survivor. Treatments from experience with friends are horrible and devastating effects on the body. Good on him surviving. 

Their love is strong. Catherine was vocal publicly about her own illness.

Find often pictures aren't always accurate in this case especially.

The few times watching Catherine present her line she is always gracious.

Prayers for Michael Douglas and his family. Love, Moves mountains. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Michael is a cancer survivor. Treatments from experience with friends are horrible and devastating effects on the body. Good on him surviving. 

Thanks for pointing this out @Sweet_Serenity .  I think some of the posters may not have been aware of his bout with cancer.  Chemo really kicks ****** and can leave a person permanently looking older and/or frailer. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Contributor

He was treated for throat cancer in 2010. Has he had some other illness?

The couple are selling 2 of their homes right now: 1 in Bermuda and 1 in Bedford, NY. They are beginning to down-size, which may or may not mean something.

I wish them both the best. They are a beautiful pair and they seem to have big, generous hearts.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity 

I didn't think it was very gentlemanly when he made it public how he contracted the throat cancer.  He had to announce "stuff" about his s** life to the world? Is nothing private & personal anymore?  Apparently not in his case.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl 

From the interview that was given he said: heavy smoker for decades. I have no knowledge of what you mentioned. Prayers his Cancer stays in remission.