Respected Contributor

I recently bought the Boho skirt in the new alabaster. The color is absolutely lovely and would coordinate beautifully with many top colors. However, I tried it on in front of a mirror while wearing a T-shirt on top. When I lifted my arm, I could see my navel through the fabric. It could be because I'm long-waisted, and the shirt just hit the top of my hips. Louis has said that the layers of fabric increase from top to bottom, but I worried that if I moved around too much I might show a little too much...lol. I live in a hot climate, so I wouldn't be wearing Jockey skimmies or slip shorts under it nor a longer shirt/jacket over a top. I've decided that I need to exchange it for a color that would work better for me. (I like grays and taupes.) I don't wear bright colors, but I'm considering the periwinkle. I also thought about the new brown. Any suggestions?

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily How about a long lightweight coordinating or contrasting scarf as a belt. Or put a band aid over your belly button if you love the color so much. Not trying to be smart, but there are options.  Even with the same color 2 pc safari shirt tied would cover this issue. Play with it a bit more before returning. Such a special color

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your suggestions. It gets over 100 degrees here in the summer, so I wear loose clothes like T-shirts or tanks, and sometimes 3/4 sleeves for protection from the sun. I think I need a different color of skirt and was hoping someone who has it in one of the other new available colors would let me know what they think about the color. There weren't new reviews up on the latest colors yet..