Respected Contributor

Bogus Linea jewelry sent in for repair! Awful!!!!!!!!!!

Louis posted someone sent in a piece of jewelry to be repaired with a Linea tag attched.  The only problem being, it was not manufacturered by his manufacturer! His manufacturer is able to trace all piece made by them.  The deceit involved with this is awful and can cause the manufacurer to no longer repair the Linea jewekry sold by QVC.  It is amazing to me that someone would be so disrectful of a service that is provided through kindness and pride in their product.  For me the benefit is:  they have the name of the person and know who this person is.  Why they thought they would not be caught is mind bogging!  The worst part, the manufactuer might opt to no longer repair the jewelry.  To have this service discontinued because of the deceit of others is a disgrace!  Shame on you!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Bogus Linea jewelry sent in for repair! Awful!!!!!!!!!!

There is always a bad apple in the bunch.

Honored Contributor

Wow that is just rotten.Who sinks that low?Maybe therrson bought the piece second hand and was fooled by it.

Honored Contributor

IMO, that's right up there with people who buy expensive purses here at QVC, then return them without the accessories they may have come with and even without the strap(s)!

I've received several of those over the years!

You're right, stealing is stealing, whether it's something tangible or a 'service'.

Karma,baby.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Delighted Louis posted the problem and his disappointment. Louis Del'Olio handled this in his usual manner: class and with grace. It's painful to read this happened to the Linea line, which has continually been the only line with dignity, thoughtfulness and grace for his customers. This line is not about hype and heavy sales tactics, but an award-winning designer who loves to provide women with a sense of fashion. LDO deserves the same respect returned that he shows everyone else. 

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior happens in all lines of retail and/or business. The individuals attempting to "get something for nothing" are not intelligent enough to realize we ALL pay for their greed by higher prices. This is stealing from the company.

Think about how you interact with others and live your live with honesty. No drama or exaggeration. Pay your own way. No one owes you anything in this life.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Wow that is just rotten.Who sinks that low?Maybe therrson bought the piece second hand and was fooled by it.

This is what I was thinking.  Perhaps this piece of jewelry was gifted to this person with the wrong tag attached? 

Honored Contributor

I don't know what to think!. For sure someone did something wrong, but we have no idea to know just who, how, or why.  No idea whether it came from Louis/QVC with the wrong tag or whether someone who is a Linea buyer gifted the piece and thought they'd gotten it from Louis' collection or something else far less accidental.

What I don't get is the idea that because one piece came into a manufacturer labelled incorrectly that they'd stop backing what they manufacture and sell.  Doesn't every brand, every manufacturer face situations like this and have preparations to deal with them?

Feels to me like the old "You better not do what your sister did" scolding.  That didn't work either!

Respected Contributor

This is not the first time the manufactuer has had a problem with jewelry returns but the manufacturer has made Louis known of the problems that they are having with some of the returns.  This is not an isolated case and must be enough of a problem for them to notify Louis and consider requiring an invoice.  As I stated this is NOT the FIRST time there has been a problem, it has happened OFTEN enough for the manufacturer to be concerned.  I appalud the manufacturer to try and address this problem.

Honored Contributor

@SomertimeThey do need to deal with the problem, but threatening that they'll no longer back what they sell doesn't attract me as a customer. 

I stopped buying jewelry some years ago, so I've discarded all my jewlery receipts on items that I'd no longer expect the seller or manufacturer to care for, but asking for a receipt for an item purchased recently or with a lifetime warranty isn't unreasonable.  We just have to be sure we know what that warranty actually covers because some of them are pretty limited,

Valued Contributor

I think you should be mad at the person who added the Linea tag, not the poor lady who bought the piece and sent it in for repair. 

And Louis penned this blog entry because he doesn't want you to buy from resellers. After all he gets no profit from this and it can only damage his brand.