Honored Contributor

Re: Bogus Linea jewelry sent in for repair! Awful!!!!!!!!!!

This is a sad commentary on the personal ethics of someone.  Yes, I am saddened by such an act.

Part of me wonders if, perhaps, the person mistakenly thought the piece was bought from QVC.  That would excuse such an abuse of goodwill on the part of the jewelry company and Louis.  

I hope it was done in error.  If not, then I hope the individual understands why what she did was not right.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What other fashion jewelry company on QVC takes things in to repair? I would doubt Louis cares where you buy your jewelry. It's his company that doesn't want to fix items that they didn't manufacture. No need to speculate and embelish the story. It seems rather simple to me. If it's not theirs why should they fix it' It has nothing to do with not standing behind their product, and they didn't say they wouldn't they just may require proff that you perchased it from QVC. This is somrthing they do for QVC Linea clients.

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1

Very well stated!  People seem to lose sight of the issue!

Contributor

Spoiler
Woman Sad
Trusted Contributor

I think those of us who have been long time shoppers have either experienced receiveding used or incorrect items from QVC.

While I imagine there are many kinds of people out there, I don’t understand how someone would actually think a repair would be done on a piece of jewelry that doesn’t belong to the line, actually take the time to pack it, send it, include return shipping etc. Pergaps it was an oversight.

I also wonder how many requests for repairs they could be getting. This is such a limited boutique line with relatively few pieces in production.
Valued Contributor

I don't understand why the repair company doesn't just return the bogus jewelry un-repaired & tell the sender it was not manufactured by them.  Have they actually been repairing non-LDO jewelry & have decided that it's getting out of control? They need to give specific guidelines saying that only Linea by Louis Dell'Olio jewelry manufactured by their company & purchased from QVC is eligible for repair.  

Trusted Contributor

Maybe they just don’t want to do the repairs any longer. It seems odd that they would suddenly want receipts?? The jewelry is either theirs and they are willing to repair it or not. What difference does it make if I buy it on QVC, receive as a gift from someone who purchased from QVC or a piece I bought on eBay from someone who may have bought from QVC or receive as a gift.

I think a statement that they will only repair their own manufactured Linea jewelry is enough. I would even add that jewelry which is not Libra will be discarded and NOT returned to sender.
Valued Contributor

They are only responsible for jewelry bought from QVC because that is where they ship it to from their manufacturer.