Contributor

Blowout Price Shipping Error - Anyone else?

I hope this doesn't happen too often.

I had ordered Blowout Price item A290929 but got item A378000 instead in about 4 sizes too small for me.

https://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Pebble-Crepe-Tunic-with-Inverted-Pleats.product.A290929....

Here is what is awful.  QVC is sending me the correct item, but I have to send the bad item myself to a specific QVC return department address.  Then I have to request reimbursement for the shipping inside the package and explain what happened.  Since it was Blowout item, technically, it can't be returned, so their system could not send me a pre-paid return label via email or mail.

I'm really skeptical that I will get that shipping reimbursement.

Oh, and by the way, there was no shipping receipt in the package either.  The plastic bag had not been completely heat sealed all away across.

Valued Contributor

Re: Blowout Price Shipping Error - Anyone else?

That is absurd.  It is their error and they are making you run around.  Whatever happened to their cs.  They would always go out of their way to be helpful.  They should have told you to donate the item you received in error and sent you the correct order!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DizMcTiz,

It is all right to be skeptical, but if, in the end, you do not receive your reimbursement in a timely manner, then follow up with more communication with QVC.  Sooner or later you are sure to get your money returned to you.  Otherwise, they would have a black mark on their business.

ETA:  Because so much is automated, QVC probably did not have a system in place to handle your particular problem.  It is possible that if you had spoken with someone in a higher position, you might have had your money returned to your account at once.  I don't know this for certain, of course. 

Honored Contributor

@DizMcTiz 

Don't worry..they will absolutely correct it and give you a full refund.

If there are any issues...just email the moderators who work these boards and they will correct any problems immediately.

It does happen unfortunately.  I have recd wrong items, wrong colors, wrong sizes and other peoples orders in the past.  QVC will make it right.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

DizMcTiz,

It is all right to be skeptical, but if, in the end, you do not receive your reimbursement in a timely manner, then follow up with more communication with QVC.  Sooner or later you are sure to get your money returned to you.  Otherwise, they would have a black mark on their business.

ETA:  Because so much is automated, QVC probably did not have a system in place to handle your particular problem.  It is possible that if you had spoken with someone in a higher position, you might have had your money returned to your account at once.  I don't know this for certain, of course. 

@golding76 

From what is posted on the boards/forums, it is extremely difficult to get to speak to a Supervisor OR get a call back.

@DizMcTiz 

Email the moderators with your order number and issue and see if they can help you.

If it is possible to get a prepaid label at all...they will be the ones to help you.

Esteemed Contributor

@DizMcTiz 

Sorry to hear you didn't receive the item you ordered. Fortunately,  the correct one was still available and is being sent out. Yes, there's a hoop to jump thru with these blowout sale errors but I too have no doubt you will receive the proper credits. I've found the Social Team to be the best with issues and resolutions, agreeing with @RespectLife . Do not hesitate to contact them if you have any problems with this order or anything else.

Honored Contributor

It was QVC's error and they should take care of it,  not by making the customer go through hoops to straighten it out.  

I assume the price was very low.  I think QVC should have replaced it without requiring you to return it.  They made the error...it's their loss.  Tough.

Oh, did anyone from QVC apologize for the error or did they act like it was your fault? 

Contributor

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies.  

I did attempt to use the Customer Service Chat to see if I could get an easier way to resolve this, but no, got the same instructions.  I guess they really want their $50 item back.  On the chat, they did mention that it was QVC error thus why I would be refunded the shipping to send back their item.

Regards

Respected Contributor

@DizMcTiz I think what the others were recommending was to email the QVC social team (social.team@qvc.com).  You could also try posting in the customer care forum.  The moderators also monitor that.

Contributor

Thank you Linmo for providing the specifics.  I didn't know the email and now I see the "Customer Care"blog folder.