Valued Contributor

Re: Blouse with Scarf Arrived! A winner!

I posted this review.  

"I received my blouses yesterday and tried them on last night.  They are a winner.  The scarf idea is great, making me think, why didn’t I think of that?  Simple but fabulous.    The colors; Ivory is very creamy, no yellow cast.  Definitely off white, soft and goes well with Alabaster but doesn’t match and is much lighter.  The Cranberry is a magical color.  It is red if you want it to be, it is pink if you want it to be or you can say it is Cranberry and it goes with everything.  The blue, my favorite color matches the sapphire and I have the leather jacket and my scarf will be perfect.  The fit; I am big through the middle so I ordered 18 so that it would fit around the tummy, I will be ordering a 16 in the jacket because I have small shoulders.  The fabric, it is polyester.  It is substantial.  It has a crepe texture.  It came nicely folded in plastic bags and has some wrinkles that need to be laundered out.  The scarf, is the same fabric as the blouse, substantial and also magical in design.  Tie it on the side for a western look, tie it in the front for a business suit look, tie it in the back for a cowl neckline, don’t tie it for a contemporary look, put it on your head in case of rain, tie it around your middle and blouson the top for another look (I tried this but I recommend it only on 16 or smaller) or leave it in the closet for another day. It is not a silky scarf!  The neckline is very pretty, lies nicely and the ivory would go so nicely with a string of pearls.    

Linea Ladies.  It is Poleyster !  Please don't order it and say it is stickey.  The scarf is not silk.  I know you want a silk scarf.  For a QVC item it is exceptional and lovely.  I'd like black and pink and lavender.........  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @author, glad you enjoyed the pic. If interested, I posted quite a few more pics on the Barefoot Dream Fan Chat in the Fashion Forum that you'll most likely enjoy too. See posts #2208, #2284 and #2486. The last posting does concentrate on a Garnet color we'd been discussing.  Otherwise,  I believe we have very  similar tastes in colors. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I appreciate everyone’s input on this blouse. I think I’m getting the smaller of my two sizes based on what size Jennifer said she wore. May put the larger on check hold just in case. Or order both and return one because I do have something else to return anyway.

I was thinking I would get this classic blouse in at least three colors, but I think for now I’ll just get the blue to go with the caramel blazer. Just had about $1000 in vet bills. But I may change my mind once I see the presentation. I want some jewelry too!!
Trusted Contributor

FYI: I received the cranberry color and washed it for the first time this afternoon on cold/delicate by itself. I threw in a Shout Color Catcher Sheet and the color ran quite a bit. So, with your first washing, wash it by itself! I put it in the dryer on delicate and it came out quite wrinkled. I am hanging it up overnight and will steam both inside and out tomorrow. That should do the trick! Love the color! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TexasMom1  Thanks for the tips. I was planning to steam out the package wrinkles but I may wash the items on cold with dark colors. I usually hang to dry all Linea.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

My blouse arrived today and it is perfect in every way! I ordered my usual size 4 rather than sizing down to a 2 as the "click here" measurements seemed to indicate. It fits perfectly and would have been too small if I had sized down.

Contributor

I think I'm just going to order 2 sizes; 12/14 and see which works and exchange the loser.  My bust/chest is really is the determining factor (36DDD).  Normally, I wear M/12 most of the time, but depending on the cut and fabric, sometimes I have to bump up to L/14.  Even trying to going by the garment measurements, it does not always guide me to the correct size.

Honored Contributor

The Speaker of the House today was wearing a pretty sapphire top (an American flag pin was on it). 

If you have her coloring, the sapphire blouse will look great on you.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼