Respected Contributor

Blouse with Scarf Arrived! A winner!

[ Edited ]

My blouse arrived today in Ivory, A367141.  It is absolutely beautiful, fits to perfection in my usual size 18 and the ivory is like rich cream with no odd undertones, very very flattering.  The neckline too is just right, frames the face beautifully, not too high.

I am curvy and the bottom button closes with no pulling across my hips; the drape on this is lovely.

It looks great on its own, but amazing with the scarf and some long necklaces a la Chanel.  The scarf is a terrific way to completely change the look of the blouse, so much fun.

I know I'll wear this often, with jeans and a blazer, on its own with slim black pants, and so dressy with my tuxedo blazer and sequin pants.  

Total Winner.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Blouse with Scarf Arrived! A winner!

Mine arrived today, I got the sage.  Can't wait to see it with the blazer!  I ordered a size 12, the usual numeric size for me, and it fit perfectly.  I would not recommend sizing down, even though the measurements were "iffy" for me.  

Trusted Contributor

My two in Ivory arived on Friday.  I bought one in my normal size of 12 and a second one in 14 for a more oversized look.  I knew this shirt was reminding me of something, and in a lightbulb moment, it came to me that it resembled the traditional Irish Work/Grandfather's shirt with the banded neckline and button down front. 

I just love this shirt!  I haven't tried different looks with the scarf as yet but look forward to creating different looks.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I also ordered two sizes in the ivory. The 4 and the 6. I am planning to keep only one but I can see how two different sizes could give two different looks. 

Floral Pillow
Valued Contributor

Could someone please describe the fabric texture?  I can't wear silky or satin like polyester because I'm hyper prone to static cling.  But textured fabrics are OK...like crepes.

Respected Contributor

@JGalt 

It's a crepe fabric, not see through, some weight to it and stretch.  The sleeves drape beautifully, and it is not clingy at all. HTH!

Honored Contributor

I received the 10 in the cranberry & I agree, some stretch & crepe like fabric. Looking forward to pairing it with the new ivory black blazer coming.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the Sapphire Blue blouse and it is magnificent!  WOW, this color is so saturated and very luxe in person. I have every other piece in this color but there's something about how it is in this fabric that makes it even more special. I am totally blown away.

I ordered the larger of my two sizes and am very happy with the fit. My smaller size would've been small in spite of what appeared generous in the click here measurements. There is a slight, soft stretch in the fabric. I could even go up another size for an even easier fit and look as @Barbara in Virginia mentioned. I'm just under 5'2," broad shouldered, and 34-36C. Ordered sz 8. Cranberry and Sage are in route. I may just order up in the Ivory.

Been playing in my closet...looking at my Linea to play off the Sapphire color. Lots of taupes, various shades of brown and caramel complement. I found this, one of many, inspirational photo...Screenshot_2019-09-06-22-15-14-1.png

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS 

Love the photo you posted!  Great combination, all "my" colors....!

Super Contributor

I got this blouse in both the red and the blue colors last week in my usual size 12 and loved them so much that I also ordered one in the ivory color which is on the way.  These are classic blouses which won't go out of style ever in my opinion.