Frequent Contributor

Big deal blazer sizing question...

[ Edited ]

Louis stated in his post that the Big Deal blazer is very similar in sizing as the Jac blazer (A302542). I did not purchase this blazer but I did purchase the ponte blazer (A343162) and the tuxedo jacket (A343558) in the same size. My question is how similiar are these two blazers to the Jac blazer in sizing and fit? I have compared the "click here" measurements of the ponte blazer to the Jac blazer and they seem just different enough that I may want to size up. I would like to try and avoid having to return and purchase a second size.

Thank you for any advice.

Honored Contributor

Re: Big deal blazer sizing question...

[ Edited ]

@shoptilidrop1989  I purchased the 12 in the Jac blazer  (A302542),  the ponte blazer (A343162) & the tuxedo jacket (A343558).

I think if you plan to wear it open you can go down a numerical size but if you plan to wear it closed, go to the next size up. You don't want the jacket pulling across the back shoulders or the button regions in the front.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

Hi! 

I had to size up 2 sizes for the Jac blazer.   I initially tried the blazer one size up but found that it was too tight across my back and i could barely button it.  I also bought the ponte and tuxedo blazers  and found them to run true to my size.  You really need to take into consideration how you are built and look at the garment measurements.   I was surprised that the Jac blazer ran small for me,  but it is more important that it fit right!   I am sure we will love these plaid blazers!

Respected Contributor

I got my usual size in several of these, and the Jac blazer did run a bit tighter  than the others you mentioned.  It fits my shoulders, bust, and arms well, but is a bit tight to button it.  I usually wear it open and hope for slimmer times ahead!