Respected Contributor

Re: Big Deal Cowl Neck has ARRIVED!

My Linea cowl neck fits very much like the photo JJM posted!  I measured at least 4-5" of skin showing and the cowl drapes beautifully on me, looks almost like a vee neck with that much skin showing.  That's why I like it, not tight or up against the neck with my head sitting on top of it!

I guess because we are all built so differently it is going to work and fit  differently on our bodies.  I wore the rhubarb one to a family party over the weekend and the cowl worked so well, not too much, not like a turtleneck, so soft and drapey.  

I also have a Lisa Rinna one that shows my entire decolletage/chest area and is very pretty but for me definitely for evening.  The Linea one fills my winter coat necklines beautifully but is not a turtleneck, which now looks quite ghastly with my excess neck stuff sitting on top of it.....yikes, it is not fun past 70......

Respected Contributor

Author, I agree with you 100%. I have the cowl in all 4 colors in size xxs, which is my size. I don't own many cowl sweaters, and I have found some of the cowls from other designers much to flimsy, which I returned, or too much fabric where I'm always adjusting it. The depth of the cowl works perfectly under coats and jackets and fills the neckline perfectly. I understand that some like the neckline lower, but that only works for me in warmer weather. I get cold and feel like I have to tuck a scarf into it to cover. What's the point of that. The sweater is the perfect combination for me. Whisper Knit and a beautifully draped cowl. I love all the colors.

Super Contributor

I am obsessed with this new sweater. I got the gray and love this color and fit. Then ordered the black - ditto! Now I want the clove!!
Valued Contributor

@JustJazzmom@Maxine49@gardensla@1jac,  and Linea lovers the previous site still works.  there are 2 of us there. 

Respected Contributor

I also want to sing the praises of this cowl neck sweater--from someone who is NOT a fan of cowl necks! Well, except for the ones Louis does for us.

As everyone else has said, the "cowl' drapes just right--not too bulky or too flimsy. Frames the face in such a flattering way and doesn't dominate the sweater. Oftentimes, cowl necks are where the eye goes first, but this one truly is different. The face is the focus, instead. The fit of the sweater is also lovely--not too much swing at all and the length falls at the hip giving a nice long line. The drape is subtle and feminine.

I purchased my usual size in WK sweaters (medium) in the grey & rhubarb separately. The one I ordered last (rhubarb) arrived first. I don't think it's a coincidence that UPS delivered it and my grey is in the USPS system stuck at a facility. I wish we could go back to designating what carrier we preferred! Anything by the post office takes at least 10 days to reach me, and I bet that's the case for a lot of QVC customers.

Anyway, back to the sweater...it IS a big winner and I know I'll be going back for the black one, too. Rhubarb is a beautiful color!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to so many of you LDO fans for introducing me to his Whisper Knit. I've been with QVC for many years, but somehow didn't pay attention to his great products. My Steele cowl neck arrived yesterday and it's amazing. The material is so soft and neither tight nor sloppy around my neck - it's perfect. I sized up with this one and like the fit of the sleeves and bust. It's a true swing-knit and that's what appeals to me. It's a little long since I'm 5'3", but that's fine since I know it will cover what needs to be covered when I wear a pair of black leggings with it. So glad for the many great blogs about LDO and glad I'm a new customer!

Esteemed Contributor

My package containing the clove and steel grey was waiting for me when I got home from work.  I am a WK junky but these are fabulous.  Love both colors, fit, length and the updated cowl neck drape is not exaggerated like the cowl necks I wore back in the day.  I stuck with my regular xl size so it's has a nice drape/swing to it.

Respected Contributor

Received my rhubarb color cowl neck today.  Had to return the olive color one as it just washed me out, however, tried this on and kept it on - just love it.  Very comfortable, not too heavy and sizing perfect - my size large.  Very happy.

Respected Contributor

jannabelle.....you really should go to Louis' web site .......www.louisdellolio.com......and click blog. He always provides great pictures and descriptions of all the new products coming. You can ask him questions about anything and he always answers. He and his lovely wife, who has her own facebook page, Jacqueline Dell'Olio are wonderful people who answer our questions and share so much with us. I know you would enjoy it very much.

Honored Contributor

@Marlyn1 Your link to Louis’ blog isn’t opening properly.

Try this one @jannabelle1 http://www.louisdellolio.com/blog/

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼