Occasional Contributor

Re: Big Deal Cowl Neck has ARRIVED!

I feel that the fit of this on the bottom is the same as the turtle neck version. The real differece is the neckline. If someone is looking for a really full, droopy cowl, then this sweater is not for you. I was very happy with my size large, in black and rhubarb.

Contributor

My black and rhubarb arrived in today's mail and I'm so delighted that I just had to write! They are soft and elegant, as one would expect from Louis. Had he presented them in person, I'm sure he would have pointed out that the cowls are fully fashioned, a perfect finish! I can't wait to wear them, and am praying for Louis and Jac.

Respected Contributor

One of my cowl neck tops arrived today but the color clove does not look good on me at all - I look kind of sick and washed out - so back it goes sadly.

I also ordered rhubarb which I am awaiting.  It is good quality sweater hope the rhubarb works for me.

Respected Contributor

Received my rhubarb and clove today and have to agree with the rave reviews. Ordered the size I get in my other Linea swing sweaters and that was the right choice for me. If I didn’t live in Florida, I would’ve ordered the other colors as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The fit and the rhubarb color are perfect.  However, I did want a more relaxed cowl neck.  It is probably somewhere in between.  Unfortunately, I am a woman of a certain age who no longer pulls off a turtle neck well. I do love the color and for that reason deem it a keeper.

Honored Contributor

For those interested, the rhubarb is close in color to the dark cherry WK ENR top.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

finally tried on my cowl neck sweaters. i received the rhubarb and black.

PROS

beautiful colors

material is perfect

size is spot on in my regular linea size

CON

this is so NOT what i consider a cowl neck

too structured with no drape at all

more of a loose turtleneck

if you like the look of a turtleneck that is not tight then you will love this. unfortunately i like a true cowl neck with some drape and nothing near my neck. mine are headed back unfortunately. the swing sweater is my favorite shape, but this missed the mark for me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 I felt the same way — it looked like a stretched out turtleneck on me. 

This is what I consider a cowl neck::

https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/5/optimized/8860815_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=...

or this one:

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom

yes, the beauty of a cowl neck is that it has some flow and exposes some of your neck and sometimes a bit of chest. this had none of that unfortunately. yes, it looked more like a stretched out turtleneck.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom- yes your picture shows the cowl necks from back in the day that I remember wearing all the time I was never too much into the regular turtlenecks.

Mine should be arriving any day now and if it's loose at the neck like the video I'm fine with it at least I can wear my longer necklaces.   I remember back in the day I didn't wear necklaces with my cowl necks because they either had to be really long or very short and I didn't care for that look with the drape of the collar.