Respected Contributor

Big Deal Cowl Neck has ARRIVED!

A297877

I ordered the Rhubarb as soon as it was posted, then the Steel Grey during the show....both arrived today earlier than expected via UPS ("as they were in my area....."), and both are glorious!

I did do my usual size L in ENR WK in the rhubarb and it fits well, and sized up in the grey to XL, and it has a different look entirely, oversized but fine.  I hate it though that the sleeve width gets so huge between the sizes. And the length.  I will have to take the sleeves in, and then it will be perfect as I like the drapey look through the body.

It is a perfect cowl, something very hard to find.  I can't wear turtlenecks anymore due to aging and sagging neck and they were always my go-to style in sweaters, had drawers filled with them. 

This cowl  does the same job  as a turtleneck but is so soft and elegantly draped that it actually makes the neck area look better, and frames the face so well.  It's genius in the design!  

The ribbed portion that is the cowl is very soft and drapey, while the sweater itself has more body so it keeps its shape.  

The rhubarb color is divine, my perfect soft mauve-y magenta, gorgeous.  Most of my lipsticks are in this color range and for someone very fair it really works magic.

I also love the steel grey for the same reasons, very very flattering with fair skin and softly greying hair.  It's like it brings out the best in that greying hair and helps my skin glow.

I am thrilled with the sweaters, the style, colors, fit, price.  The only negative of course is a continual worry about Jac and Louis.  We can only send our good thoughts their way and wait to hear from Louis.

Honored Contributor

Re: Big Deal Cowl Neck has ARRIVED!

[ Edited ]

@author wrote:

A297877

I ordered the Rhubarb as soon as it was posted, then the Steel Grey during the show....both arrived today earlier than expected via UPS ("as they were in my area....."), and both are glorious!

I did do my usual size L in ENR WK in the rhubarb and it fits well, and sized up in the grey to XL, and it has a different look entirely, oversized but fine.  I hate it though that the sleeve width gets so huge between the sizes. And the length.  I will have to take the sleeves in, and then it will be perfect as I like the drapey look through the body.

It is a perfect cowl, something very hard to find.  I can't wear turtlenecks anymore due to aging and sagging neck and they were always my go-to style in sweaters, had drawers filled with them. 

This cowl  does the same job  as a turtleneck but is so soft and elegantly draped that it actually makes the neck area look better, and frames the face so well.  It's genius in the design!  

The ribbed portion that is the cowl is very soft and drapey, while the sweater itself has more body so it keeps its shape.  

The rhubarb color is divine, my perfect soft mauve-y magenta, gorgeous.  Most of my lipsticks are in this color range and for someone very fair it really works magic.

I also love the steel grey for the same reasons, very very flattering with fair skin and softly greying hair.  It's like it brings out the best in that greying hair and helps my skin glow.

I am thrilled with the sweaters, the style, colors, fit, price.  The only negative of course is a continual worry about Jac and Louis.  We can only send our good thoughts their way and wait to hear from Louis.

@author  Great review.  I am looking forward to the rhubarb.  I also wish he had made it in purple, but I will forgive him that if he returns soon with lots of good words about his and Jac's health and welfare, and their future at QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@author - Thank you for such a lovely, kind review. How fortunate to receive your items so quickly. Merry Christmas! 

Your gentle words are thoughtful and respectful. Perfectly worded.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got my Rhubarb and Steel Grey today, too.  I also got 2 pairs of the Steel Grey Petite Ponte pants.  Haven't tried them on yet---but the colors are perfection!  Can't believe I almost did not order the Steel Grey items!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

Great review I am waiting for the steel grey and the clove.  Cowl neck sweaters have always been my favorite I find them so flattering. 

Respected Contributor

I have the steel grey ponte pants too, and the total look is super.  The single bar necklace in silver, earrings, and pretty shoes and what a sophisticated but so comfortable look!  

Louis has outdone himself this fall/winter!  

There is a little something extra and special about his letting us into his life a bit and getting to know him on tv and his blog so that every time I wear Linea I feel the connection and all that goes into the clothing, and how wonderful that is.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine also arrived and they are perfect.  The cowl neck is just right -- not too oversized.  I ordered the rhubarb which is a pretty color and different from any color I own.  I also ordered the grey to go with the grey pants I bought when they were last aired.  I wasn't sure whether to order the xs or the xxs and went with the xs.  Better to err on the side of a bit bigger than too clingy.  Either would have worked, but I'm pleased with the xs it is nice and swingy.  Very pleased with my purchases.

Trusted Contributor

I can only echo what was so eloquently said in the previous posts.  I ordered the clove and I'm going back for the gray.  What a comfy, yet sleek look.

Honored Contributor

My clove arrived & the color is nice but there is way too much on me material at the sweep. The swing starts higher than the dark cherry swing sweater. The cowl to me is not draped enough. I would have preferred a deeper neckline. As for fit, it was fine in my usual Small through shoulders & arm’s length and across the bustline.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Gee, I ordered the cowl neck ( in rhubarb) as soon as they were posted, and mine is only in Missouri today. So it hasn't even started to head south yet.  I hate to pout, but hey, I want my sweater too!  @JustJazzmom I was a little worried reading your post because I assumed that this was cut exactly like the other swing pullover sweaters except for the neckline.  Sorry to hear that it has more fullness in the sweep. I just hate when they change something that's already perfect. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett