Respected Contributor

Beautiful New Blouse from Louis!

s Dell'OlioDesigner

April 17, 2020
“THE IVORY PLEATED BLOUSE”
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 9:38 AM

………………………..BEAUTIFUL BLOUSES are hard to find, at least blouses that are affordable…………….A378720, is such a blouse.. There are many details to this blouse that at first can go unnoticed. The obvious detail is the PLEATED FRONT panels. The stitched pleats are approx 1/2 inches wide, and hang from a top yoke. The JEWEL NECKLINE is delicately piped. There is a placket down the front with REAL PEARL BUTTONS……There is a back yoke that has shirring in the center, just to add a feminine touch. This looks especially nice when the blouse is tucked in and bloused with a little blouson…………The SLEEVE CAP also has shirring, again to add a feminine detail [great for those with broad and narrow shoulders]….Sleeve details are becoming more and more important….The 1 inch band cuff has DOUBLE SHELL BUTTONS for adjustability. There are side slits for wearing ease, and to give the blouse a more casual look when worn out. I think, for a casual look, I like the top two or three buttons worn open as well as the bottom two…..over jeans……The blouse will be sized, and the size 4 is approx. 27 inches long……It is the perfect blouse to wear under the new DB Blazer, for which the blouse was designed………The STATUS CHAIN NECKLACE was also created with this blouse in mind. The necklace works perfectly with the neckline of the blouse…………….For those of you who are worried about see through….the entire BODY of the blouse is DOUBLE GEORGETTE, so they flow together beautifully………This washable blouse will be a FOREVER piece that you will be able to wear with almost every jacket and cardigan you own……Try it with your jean jackets for a dress down/dress up look……………………………………enjoy……………………..much Love…………………………Louis

“THE PERFECTLY PINK PLEATED BLOUSE”
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 9:37 AM

………………………….This blouse was made to be done in PERFECTLY PINK………….they are the  “perfect” combination……..You already know all of the details. The buttons here are DYED TO MATCH SHELL……Even though this is Perfectly Pink….every time you dye the color, especially in different fabrics, they may vary slightly as the blouse does to the FAUX SUEDE JACKET, [ second column from left]. The blouse is a little deeper than the suede, but both harmonize well together. It’s perfectly feminine under the Ivory [above],or Black blazers……Paired with the new FLORAL EMBROIDERED skirt is dreamy……What a fabulous way to look for any occasion……just enough to be appropriate not overdone, and still make a statement…….With the nude, black sheer or Point d’ Esprit tights the look will be complete……………..There is no limit for how you can wear this Perfectly Pink confection……………………….enjoy……………………much Love…………………………Louis

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beautiful New Blouse from Louis!

Thank you @Somertime, perfectly pink for me!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Returning to flattering for the female figure! What a knock-out blouse by Louis Del'Olio, again. Once again, the pink (and those gorgeous pleats) is calling my name. Smiley Very Happy  Oh la la!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@Somertime  I like it and the blazers. TY 🙂

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy this for all those who like it. Will likely be quarantined through spring, so absolutely no need for this type of garment. Even if not at home this blouse has no place in my wardrobe.

Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to post this blouse.  Yes its a beauty and I missed seeing the show and would not have known about it. 

Regular Contributor

Are there any larger chested ladies who will order this blouse? I am really on the fence about this one, - lots to like:  vertical pleats , side slits  , very ladylike (to me) and of course it comes in perfectly pink.

Any opinions?

Thank you in advance

Honored Contributor

@clarika  I am very busty and have owned a version of this blouse, same style and fabric,for many years.  It fit well across the chest and the pleats did not allow the buttoned area to gap.  

If you have a need for a blouse, this should work for you. I donated mine when I retired from work. 

Respected Contributor

Pretty Blouse!

Respected Contributor

A beautiful blouse that as Louis said is a forever piece. Love it!