Honored Contributor

Re: Beautiful Linea holiday show!

@BirkiLady I totally agree with your comments.  I felt so bad for Louis when she asked him about his plans for Thanksgiving and even worse when she asked later if he had any plans to attend any fun parties during the holidays.  That was a terrible thing to ask him as she (Christine Zell) has to know his wife of many years passed away about a year ago.  She is not a good host for his shows; they need to pair him with Leah, Jill, Jayne, Jane, etc.   This new host is never prepared and it really spoils the shows and isn't fair to Louis.  After the way she handled the first show with Louis, QVC should never have had her work with him again.  On the first show  she  didn't even know  how to pronounce "Linea" or his last name.  

Valued Contributor

I had never seen this host before so I was totally unaware of her problematic past history with respect to Louis/Linea.  The show started on an off note for me when I saw how ill fitting the pearl trimmed sweater was on her.  It went downhill when she asked him about his Thanksgiving plans.  However It went from bad to worse when she asked him about plans to party during the holidays.  The questions were so inappropriate, insensitive and hurtful.  I felt so bad for Louis.  He is such a caring man and should not have been subjected to such treatment.

Honored Contributor

I watched the show when she asked if he was attending any holiday parties. The show didn't have the cameras on them when she asked about attending holiday parties. 

But hearing the conversation make me think that she was clueless not cruel. Someone either a producer or stage manager should have discussed this situation with Ms. Zell before the program. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC off topic/ unkind comments toward host.

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I find it interesting that QVC didn't close the conversation that was pages long in "Suggestion Box" (I posted in it) but completely removed it as it to HIDE what happened. Many called to have to host fired (including me) as this is NOT the first time she's been an insensitive clod with Louis. She was called to task last year and blamed EVERYONE but herself for her rudeness and lack of professionalism.

How QVC treats Louis is quite telling.....

@SahmIam

QVC treats Louis poorly.  I agree with your entire post. 

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam  There is a new post started this morning, again about the show and the host.  It's in the thread Fashion.

Respected Contributor

From Louis in response to LL blog comments about the host:

Louis Dell'Olio

..we have no choice as to who our hosts will be. Ms. Zell does the overnight and early morning shows….that is her 3 hour slot. I had a terrible night and didn’t get any sleep, ao I really wasn’t on my game or at my best….The room was so dry it made it difficult to breath, and I hate the pillows. I always tell myself I’m bringing my own pillows but what a pain! I enjoy a host who number one shares my twisted sense of humor, and brings intelligence to the conversation and “dance”. It’s no secret who my favorites are, but unfortunately it seems I rarely get to work with them. It’s all about scheduling…

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO  Louis is, always, a gentlemen.  I would not expect him to be anything else.  He is very kind as well and it is not in his nature to bash anyone.  His game was fine, it's the host who was off!

Esteemed Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@SahmIam  There is a new post started this morning, again about the show and the host.  It's in the thread Fashion.

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I still didn't get a chance to watch the show, I might watch it on my day off with a glass of wine to make it easier.

I went to the suggestion box but apparently the thread(s) have been poofed.  I checked my post history and I don't see my comments either.

I was also thinking since Louis was scheduled during a holiday week many of his favorite hosts took off so we were left with what we got. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime wrote:

@GraceCO  Louis is, always, a gentlemen.  I would not expect him to be anything else.  He is very kind as well and it is not in his nature to bash anyone.  His game was fine, it's the host who was off!

@Somertime I agree he is a gentleman and very kind. And, he was defintely not the one who was "off" in any way. I thought his reply was both generous and nuanced in that he says it's "no secret who his favorite hosts are" but that he seldom gets to work with them. "Ms. Zell" presumably is not one of them. I think I know how the rest of us feel about Ms. Zell. Two strikes with her and she should never be up at bat again Smiley Wink

@Luvitorleaveit1 When you watch it, better make that 2 glasses of wine!