Honored Contributor

Re: Beautiful Linea holiday show!

Grace,

I understand and agree with your sentiments -- up to a point.  Why do I write this?  Because I have seen people who do not have a sympathetic or empathic piece in their system until something happens to them.  Really.  I've observed this.

Let's hope that most of us can empathize with the pain and loss of others, but some can't/don't.  I do not know why.   

Honored Contributor

Empathy — putting yourself into the other person’s shoes.

Sympathy — looking at those other person’s shoes.

Yes, sadly, until something happens to someone personally, does that person ‘get it’.  

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Dear Somertime, if my memory is correct I recall many women buying two sizes, because they were unsure of the numeric size in this new pant and new fabric. I guess the result was many returns. If many women bought two and returned one, that's a lot of returns. I sorry they aren't coming back. I love them. and would have gotten another black

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Jazzmom, that would be a lovely thing to do. I no longer have the information, and I would like to make another donation. I don't know exactly why, but Jac touched my heart. I loved reading her facebook page, and I miss her stories. I miss her. I can't imagine how Louis feels. That host was extremely insensitive..

Honored Contributor

I was sad to have missed the show (why they are on so early during a weekday, I don't know( most of us are getting ready for work, dealing with kids, etc) but now that I know who the host was, glad to have missed it.

I mentioned on another thread what I think we all could/should do so I won't repeat it here. I will ask, again, is QVC wanting to get RID of Linea? I mean....it's always a struggle. Not to mention the inept host they use for this line. WHY?!  What will it take have her go away.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

Louis mentioned on his website that the black and mushroom pants will not be reordered in any colors at all due to the high return on the pants that had matched the blazer.  Weren't these the ones that had shipping problems because of the hurricane?  I do not understand how the returns on these could be that high that would warrant them being pulled from his line.  There is something wrong.  I do not know what QVC's problem is lately but it seems to be getting worse and it's not just on Linea.  There seems to be very big problems at QVC that are not being addressed!

Part of the problem is using the numerical sizing. Letter sizing is more forgiving. This numerical sizing is what causes returns. It was a terrific pant, once I figured out what size I was in. Most times a Medium fits me. Numerical sizing causes me to see which looks the best once I get it home.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the trouser pants, got them in black in my usual size 18 and they fit perfectly.  I stalked mushroom ones but none ever popped back into inventory in my size, stalked a few other items (faux suede pants in black) but was not successful.

It's hard to believe they wouldn't re-order these, one of the best clothing items QVC has ever had.  Who doesn't need great pants?  We can't always be in leggings and jeans, and I love a great pair of trousers.

I do tend to order more than I should when Louis presents, as the styling is amazing and I worry that at any moment Linea could be discontinued or Louis might stop working with QVC.  

Can't wait to get the new sweater and the charcoal ponte pants; longing for the velvet top too but restrained myself as I have plenty of dressy things to last for years.  LOVED Brenda in the tuxedo jacket and white shirt look, perfect for me as well.

The tuxedo jacket could be the buy of the century from Linea and QVC.....

ETA:  The host today was wearing the sweater in a way-too-small size, showed her waistband, bra outline, and lots of bumps, and when she put on the wrong size tuxedo jacket in a 10 and not a 2 she looked perfect.  Surprise!  How can we truly judge the sizing of clothing when they don't fit the host or sometimes the models?  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about the numerical sizes causing problems.   I know a lot of customers prefer that but for me it's always a challege figuring out what size to get.  Numerical sizes was causing me to order two sizes to see which size looks best and sending back the other but I eventually stopped doing that and unfortunately pass on the item unless it's a burning need.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@author wrote:

I love the trouser pants, got them in black in my usual size 18 and they fit perfectly.  I stalked mushroom ones but none ever popped back into inventory in my size, stalked a few other items (faux suede pants in black) but was not successful.

It's hard to believe they wouldn't re-order these, one of the best clothing items QVC has ever had.  Who doesn't need great pants?  We can't always be in leggings and jeans, and I love a great pair of trousers.

I do tend to order more than I should when Louis presents, as the styling is amazing and I worry that at any moment Linea could be discontinued or Louis might stop working with QVC.  

Can't wait to get the new sweater and the charcoal ponte pants; longing for the velvet top too but restrained myself as I have plenty of dressy things to last for years.  LOVED Brenda in the tuxedo jacket and white shirt look, perfect for me as well.

The tuxedo jacket could be the buy of the century from Linea and QVC.....

ETA:  The host today was wearing the sweater in a way-too-small size, showed her waistband, bra outline, and lots of bumps, and when she put on the wrong size tuxedo jacket in a 10 and not a 2 she looked perfect.  Surprise!  How can we truly judge the sizing of clothing when they don't fit the host or sometimes the models?  

Same here @author and I suspect we're not the only ones who feel that way. Just when I'm encouraged that budgets are expanding for Linea with more jewelry & standalone shows, I always have a moment of dread when popular sold out items don't get reordered. 

I've been buying Linea for many years, but especially doubling down in the last 2 years. This past year has been one of the best ever. Irresistible, really, and I wear it all. Don't expect I'll slow down until I'm fully retired, but even then, I'll still be adding to my "collection."

Respected Contributor

@GraceCO

I have been retired for about 4 years, and at first simply stopped buying much at all until I had figured out my new life and what I needed.

Turned out I still needed Linea!  I tried looking suburban, tried athleisure (not for me), gave up suits, blazers, dresses, skirts.  I had a few size changes, got rid of most of my old stuff, and now am building a new wardrobe that works and fits and is in style.

Thanks to Louis I realize I still feel like "me" in his skirts, trousers, blazers and fabulous outerwear. 

Today I went on some mundane errands and Christmas shopping, wore Linea black jean pants, black WK tunic, the dark olive leather/knit jacket (shown on Maria today, lovely), the Inca necklace, the blue glass bead necklace from this fall's collection, and a silver locket layered together, and a beautiful vintage RL challis scarf in deep florals. 

It looked wonderful, I used a fawn leather Dooney Brenna, wore taupe suede Clark's flats.  This is me, love how I can reach into the closet and pick one thing and instantly make an appropriate outfit for any plans at all.

Others will not want clothing like this in retirement but I felt miserable in my scaled down "sloppy" clothes.  I am not a Cuddleduds person except for evening lounging. 

The casual clothes I tried at first are now used for when I clean the house, cook and wash dishes, etc.  Otherwise I do wear my Linea, even the WK skirts and dresses out and about in the winter with beautiful tall boots and long coats (THE trench, Dennis Basso long shearling, etc).  Yes, even to the grocery store!