Trusted Contributor

Re: BIG DEAL - October 14th!

Actually, Louis used to have quite a few TSVs back in the day, at least one a season and often more.  Then completely unrelated to either his sales or popularity, QVC decided to ditch him.  That's when we Linea Ladies that go way back raised a ruckus and got him reinstated.  Won't go into all the ordeals that followed, which were many and which we also raised a ruckus about.  It has only been in recent years that Louis has had his counterpart of the TSV, The Big Deal, and he is beginning to have them more frequently.  His budget, however, has not been restored to what it was or what some other vendors have been able to bring us in terms of price point or materials used.  That said, he does amazingly well working within these constraints and still being able to bring us clothes we are very happy to have. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Barbara in Virginia   I remember those days when QVC wanted to deprive us of Louis.  You were so instrumental in getting it started and in helping to bring it forward.  It was your rally cry that got us all aboard to fight QVC for Louis!

So, Lady, take a bow!  QVC had a fight on their hands that they didn't expect!

Honored Contributor

Yes, bless you, Barbara, for leading the charge for reinstatement of the Linea line and bringing your knowledge of Linea history into the light, as needed.

Respected Contributor

@golding76   Barbara had an amazing strategy!  One strategy was the amount of money each of us had spent on Linea, alone.  That made QVC sit up and take notice.  Barbara approached from a money point of view first and then went forward.  It was an amazing and successful strategy!  As they say:  Money talks!

Respected Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia  Thank you!!!Thank you!!! Your strategy was absolutely brilliant! Louis is by far the best designer on QVC.   

Respected Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia 

Fresh Flowers Bunch And Card With Words Thank You Written On.. Stock Photo,  Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 97136462.

Trusted Contributor

OH MY!  Thank you all so much for your kind words!  But it was the collaboration of many, many women who came together to bring pressure to bear.  In addition to the money that we all spent, not just on Linea but also on high ticket items, that was part of the picture.  But we also had a thread "Who are the Linea Ladies?" which was a large compilation of the CVs of all the gifted and talented Linea devotees.  We were a force to be reckoned with !

I actually came in a bit later than some as I had been back in Colombia at my former Peace Corps site of some 40* years ago.  I was a Community Organizer there and the visit back reminded me of all that we were able to accomplish as well as how we did it.  Anyway, when I returned, I was greeted with the announcement that Louis had been canned, which was a call to action for me!  The poster BlindDogs was also a major force behind all of our efforts in terms of knowing who the principals were we needed to put pressure on.  It really did take a village with all of us working together!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember that all so well. I was so upset with QVC's decision. I realize Louis may not be able to compete dollar wise with a Denim and Company, and others of that caliber, but no one gives us the kind of clothing and jewelry that Louis does. Quality of design and workmanship must stand for something or else I for one don't need QVC. I can get all I need from Amazon with free shipping and quick deliveries. The only thing I can't get is Linea!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I find to be amazing about Louis is:  He is a one person designer, no staff, no team, he does all his own designs by himself.  It's amazing what he is able to generate in a single year.  His relationship with all his vendors is to be envied.  If a belt is missing from a trench coat, he is able to get you a replacement.  If the jewelry breaks or is tarnished or damaged in some way after wearing, for the cost of postage, you are able to get it repaired.  No other designer on QVC is able to provide that level of customer service.  How very fortunate we are to have him!

Regular Contributor

Late to the party to say a huge THANK YOU to @Barbara in Virginia and all the other Linea Ladies who kept us well dressed. The old thread about you all seems to have been taken down, so we don't have the names anymore, but thanks to the group, whoever you are.