Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone want a live audience show with Louis?

With enough advance notice I would fly out from California, be-decked in LDO clothing and jewels of course! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia@Mustang Shar

I would have to attend from Chicago, but as stated previously there are plenty of cheap flights on Southwest to Philadelphia.  If this would happen, it would be nice for all of the Linea Ladies to stay at the same place.  We could have a luncheon or dinner and possibly Louis could attend.  I know the Ripka ladies have all done this.  If this is not possible, it would be fun to meet everyone at the show itself.  The decision - What Linea would I wear?  It would certainly depend on the season.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, Louis would LOVE to break bread with his Linea Ladies, I can promise you!  It would have to be at a time of course that didn't conflict with him preparing his shows.  But that could be worked out.

Everyone staying at the same hotel would be great fun.  A discount on a block of rooms is usually available for groups. 

I would likely not be able to attend due to mobility problems that resulted from a fall as well as DH's health problems.  But I have organized many gatherings and would be happy to help out.  So much can now be done via the Internet!

Respected Contributor

Barbara,   QVC has sent the request to the broadcasting department and Jennifer is working on it as well.  I will follow up on this!  There are several hotels in the area, QVC's preferred hotel is: The Desmond Great Valley which is 8 miles from the studio but there are several others as well.  http://www.qvc.com/VisitHotels.content.html

Room blocks are easy to set up as well.  I do not know how many can be accomadated for a live show in the audience.  I am trying to find who is the head of broadcasting so I can write directly.  It looks like the SVP has retired.

I am so sorry to hear of your fall as well as your husband's health problems.  We spoke many years ago of our working in New York and the suppliers we knew and had in common.  I worked many years in the design field for David Easton, it seems like a lifetime ago!

I am hoping that we will be able to make this a reality for Louis!  @Barbara in Virginia

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Barbara in Virginia I too am a planner, as mobility and health issues abound.

My DH would come with me chiefly as a companion from Central California. FYI: I use small quad (Hugo) cane following patellar rupture in 2010, but for longer distances, such as airports, must use a wheelchair. Smiley Embarassed

That said, still very much wishing to do this, and in a few minutes of research found Live Audience Studio will hold 130 LL, tickets from qvc.ticket.com are free, maximum of 2 per person. I think it would be nice to pair this with a Studio Tour. Group Tour for 10 or more, 1 hour $10.

All Acess Morning or Afternoon Tours, include lunch, 3.5 hours, $100.

QVC's preferred Double Tree hotel has blocks of rooms for groups at $79 per night and also offers free shuttles within 10 miles, (QVC Studio Park is 8 miles distant). A nominal fee for group shuttle reservations.

I'm thinking we'd fly in the afternoon before. Possibly a Meet & Greet meal for anyone interested, then LDO live event the following day. We'd probably opt for some leisurely local touring the day after, Lancaster County and other points of interest then fly back the next day...

Honored Contributor

I would really like a TSV. Years ago he had some really nice ones.

Trusted Contributor

I'm very confident that we can get this very well organized!  As I understand it, enthusiasts for a particular live show don't have to fill the auditorium as QVC will offer those touring QVC admission to the live shows. 

Great to hear that Jennifer is also working on getting this done this time!  Fingers crossed!

I don't think it is in the cards for me to attend :-(.  I dislocated my entire right side.  It took a year and a half for the tissue damage to heal.  Physical therapy on horseback has helped a great deal and is soothing to the soul as I haven't been able to ride.  But I will be with all of you in spirit and am happy to help in any way I can.

Honored Contributor

Barbara,

I am sorry to learn of your recent climb back to good health and that your DH also has some physical challenges at this time.  

May you both continue to mend and get stronger.  Aging...  A challenge in itself, isn't it?  We can just do our best and muddle through.  I always loved E. M. Forster's use of that phrase, muddle through.  It suggests determination and humility at the same time.