Regular Contributor

Anyone recall this vintage Linea boiled wool jacket with buttons A55548 ?

I'm looking at a lavender vintage Linea boiled wool buttoned jacket A55548 on eBay. Seller says it runs large and I'm wondering if it was supposed to be a swing jacket? I remember that the embroidered boiled wool short jacket without buttons ran a size or two large.

s-l1600.jpg

Found this turquoise version on Pinterest.

7b197cb03a5c4d24d09b0d5a248131c3.jpg

Ring any bells?

Would appreciate any insights, as I would not be able to return this to the seller.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone recall this vintage Linea boiled wool jacket with buttons A55548 ?

I do not own this Jacket.  

The Q’s information on this Jacket is still accessible - here’s the description....

A55548
Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Boiled Wool Jacket with Knit Sleeves

Description

Buttoned up. The straight and clean silhouette of this jacket is crafted from boiled wool for a simple, structured look. From Linea by Louis Dell'Olio.

Turquoise or Sage.

• Pointed knit collar, long knit sleeves, fully fashioned armholes, five dyed-to-match buttons, slant pockets, front straight bottom hem; knit trim on front, hem, and pockets
  • XS(4), S(6-8), M(10-12), L(14-16), 1X(18W-20W), 2X(22W-24), 3X(26W-28W)
  • M length 28-1/2", chest 43"; 1X length 30", chest 51"
  • 100% wool
  • Dry clean only
  • Made in Hong Kong
Regular Contributor

@Seka,

Thank you very much! From the description it sounds a bit dull but good enough for me to throw the eBay dice. And if it came in a lavender/plum then it may have been a reorder after the turquoise and sage?

Esteemed Contributor

@CGee 

Here's the size chart. I'll try to enlarge it so it's easier to read. BTW, cute jacket. I like it. ♡♡♡

Screenshot_20200626-185204_Chrome.jpg

Regular Contributor

@rochelleS thank you for the chart! I just bought the jacket, and I think I got the seller really interested in Louis and Linea :-)

You finding any vintage Linea bargains these days?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CGee Here's my latest vintage Linea purchase, circa  Spring '08. I bought the navy/white. It has zipper trim detail all the way around the garment plus pockets and cuffs. Detail visible in the pic of white sleeve. Incredible fabric, great hand and extremely well liked in the reviews. Its a classic with an edge. I absolutely l♡ve it!Screenshot_20200608-145437_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200611-220251_Chrome.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@CGee I almost forgot to add...sit down for this my friend. I picked up the black faux suede trench as a gift for a friend and paid $.99!!! Yep, 99 centavos. She's going to be thrilled. Geez, I am thrilled.  I've picked up some ridiculous bargains over the years. My BFF paid .99 cents for one of the floral embroidered boucle stroller jackets a few years back too. Crazy, eh.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS That jacket is a stunner! I don't remember that one -- bought the sage with zipper trim when new and it turns up a lot online. This is an incredible find!

But you take the cake with the .99 trench. Unbelievable!

Esteemed Contributor

@CGee 

I wonder if my ebay purchase was one of the first zipper trimmed garments Louis brought to the Q. Perhaps those who have followed along might comment. I didn't recognize any names in the reviews from the spring of '08 going into '09. (A79626)

I have Louis' later zipper trim jacket and the skirt too. Much more of a casual look to me and I just love his use of the zippers. Very cool!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

rochelleS,

That jacket is absolutely the most gorgeous thing!  What a discovery!

You know, certainly not as stylish as your great find in a jacket, the Feather Jersey pieces (which I snubbed when they were first introduced) satisfy me immensely.  How I wish Louis would be allowed to try that fabric once again.

I've aged into the palette.  Other than the Navy, the colors Louis used on the Feather Jersey collection did not enhance my original "real" coloring that has since faded into memory; however, those hues flatter me now.  Plus THAT FABRIC!  So cool and comfortable in hot weather. 

ETA:  I bought the Feather Jersey pant, jacket and tunic when first offered on QVC in the Navy and the Smoky Grey.  The sherbet-colored pieces I bought and love, I purchased from eBay.