Respected Contributor

February 22, 2020

Dear Shelia
Filed under: From Louis — Louis Dell'Olio @ 4:11 PM

Dear Shelia….ever since you asked me if I thought the Blue Leopard and the Vivid Blue emb skirt would look good together I have been intrigued. My work for the shows and hits coming up is finished and all of the samples and accessories are on their way to Jennifer. Now she takes over and i can relax!!!!!…………..I had the time to try your suggestion……..I loved it so much I had to take a picture of it to show you and anyone else who loves to mix it up. However, this is more than mixing it up! This is runway ready. I love the combination of the Leopard and the floral emb. The colors are perfect, and that is the reason they look like they were made to go together. The bottom of the skirt even looks a little jungly…. I liked it better tucked in and belted, here with a black patent belt. I have pics of both ways just so you can see. I layered it with the BLACK GLITTERATI necklaces, but I would have mixed the BLUE GLITTERATI if I had them! They are on the way to Jen. You and I both know there will be some purists who think it is strange to mix them, but we know it is SUPERB! If I get the chance I would even show it this way….even if the skirt is sold out!!!!

Honored Contributor

My answer would have been no until I saw what he created.

Trusted Contributor

I love it!  Who else would do this for one of their customers?

Respected Contributor

No one, only Louis. That's why he is such a wonderful person. It is clearer and clearer to me that QVC doesn't appreciate the great talent they have in Louis.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure what is true for me is true for many Linea Ladies:  If it weren't for the Linea line (and the rare Bob Mackie creation), I would buy no clothing or accessories from QVC.    

Respected Contributor

I am Sheila. When I saw the post, I couldn't believe that he spent the time to take pictures, etc and to address it to me personally. I was stunned! I was just expecting a simple reply when I asked if the animal print top would work with the skirt. But that's our Louis---such a wonderful, kind and generous man. I think I am going to have to print out that reply in color and tape it on my fridge so I can see it every day!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

Re: Another look!

[ Edited ]

He sure is caring and thoughtful to have addressed this. It truly shows how kind he is and how seriously he takes his work. I never felt that QVC showed Louis and Jac the respect they deserved. 

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't even look like a top and skirt to me it looks like a dress they both compliment and blend so well.

This happens to me a lot though when I am putting an outfit together and I start with that one item or items, as I start pulling other pieces out that I think may work there is always a piece or two that really compliment and blend well with that main item.

Play in your closets!

Trusted Contributor

I once mentioned to Jac that we always had an underlying anxiety that Louis would retire, and then where's we be?  She told me that she didn't think Louis would ever retire, as designing was something he was born to do and would always do it.  He would be lost without it.

Louis is such a big-hearted, kind, "People Person," that his biggest pleasure is to bring joy to others through his designs.  And through his friendships.  He loves interacting with his clients as well as with his team and wouldn't be Louis without all of us.  Nothing phony about either Louis or Jac!  I still miss her so much....

Respected Contributor

@Somertime   Beautiful !