Regular Contributor

Re: Another Jewelry Color Mix Up--Berber Necklace! Good grief!

Same thing happened to me too! Ordered the Olive, received an Indigo - which was broken too! Will return tomorrow.

I measured the beads in the center : 15 x 30 mm ( so roughly just over 1/2 inch by 1.25 inches)  They are large.

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO 

I agree.  I do not purchase much of his jewelry but absolutely loved the olive necklace.  I am very disappointed....

Contributor

I ordered the blue berber necklace. Today I received the necklace in olive. It will go back to QVC tomorrow. I will not reorder. I am disappointed that QVC has changed and its shipping and quality control has suffered. Having to return items takes up valuable time and I am tired of paying money just to try on items.
Respected Contributor

Louis posted an update. All of the boxes have been gone though for mislabeling and to check the condition of each one so now it should all be straighten out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

@GraceCO 

I agree.  I do not purchase much of his jewelry but absolutely loved the olive necklace.  I am very disappointed....

@DiAnne 

I can imagine how disappointed you were having a brand new, beautiful necklace break into two pieces!! It's shocking to me. I have lots of Linea jewelry collected over many years and nothing like that has ever happened with anything I own. This must be a fluke.

Mine didn't break, but I'm truly burned out with all of QVC's warehouse/shipping issues and this one was the last straw. I'm not going through the motions of returning/reordering in the hopes that QVC will get it right this time. I'm calling it a day with one set and will enjoy my honey berber Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Louis posted an update. All of the boxes have been gone though for mislabeling and to check the condition of each one so now it should all be straighten out.

The olilve necklace looked fine in the box.  It was when I picked it up to try it on that it broke.  

Valued Contributor

Dianne, Could you take a minute to describe where - on the necklace - it broke??? In other words - where are the vulnerable points on the necklace? It LOOKS so substantial.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheOwl 

I have it packed up to send back but it broke on the side and beads fell on floor and there was a white string sticking out that they were strung on.  As much as I love that olive necklace I am not getting another because I would never be comfortable wearing it.  

Esteemed Contributor

That's what happened to me with the Bead & White Cord necklace and bracelet they arrived on different days and both were wrapped and packed securely but one cord on the necklace and bracelet was hanging.  I returned both but did not reorder because I knew I wouldn't be comfortable wearing it.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you Dianne, and also luvitorleaveit:

You both described that very well.  What on EARTH is a heavy necklace like this doing on a string base that can be cut by the glass beads themselves????  Perhaps there is no other way to put this together.  What do I know?  NOTHING about making jewelry.  But I have had to return other Linea pieces that had the beads-cut-string problem.  Sigh.  

And just for fun......my lace jackets are on day 13 not having shipped.  Today the customer service rep explained that it will be another 7 days at worst estimate at this time.  This is BEFORE they get out to the shipping persons.  The official explanation, and she read me all of the C.S. updates on the problem, is that the Lancaster and the Florence facility got backed up due to more-than-usual ordering which overloaded the resources at these 2 facilities to ship.  [Edited to add:  She said it hit orders for "the month of March".  Twice she stated that it was all orders that were made in March - not just March 20 when I ordered - but the month of March that were housed in the Lancaster and the Florence warehouses.  Now it is just down, she said, to the Lancaster warehouse since she said they cleared the problem in Florence.]  I never received any e-mails about the delay so she sent that info up the chain and I specifically asked her to do that.  THEN I took her down my order history  from my Berber necklace which came in blue rather than olive.  And the venetian set which came in olive, not the indigo I ordered.  As she explained those problems, honestly it sounded more like a problem on the vendor end and not the QVC end.  I also specifically asked her to send that feedback up the chain.  I was lucky and got an experienced CS rep. 

I don't care whose fault this is.  I just want it fixed!  And as GracoCO has expressed, it is a shame that beautiful items like these - necklaces and the lace jackets - should get bad reputations and frighten off buyers because of fixable snafus.  I asked her to give me the worst possible scenario on the shipping delay and was grateful to get it.  Will not even THINK about those lace jackets until after April 9.  

Dilemma now, do I return the 2 Berbers - which are beautiful! - because that string MIGHT break????  This is the heaviest necklace - not a deal breaker for me - that I have ever purchased from Louis.  If the threads are already breaking......well, how lucky do I feel?  Even though mine came in tact?  Of course I have his jewelry restringer info on file but honestly, if these bold necklaces break while I am wearing one of them, nobody within sight or hearing will fail to  oberve my embarrassment.