Respected Contributor

Re: Another Jewelry Color Mix Up--Berber Necklace! Good grief!

@JustJazzmom wrote:

My olive Berber was received today & I received the Indigo

In addition to the error, no receipt was enclosed! This is being returned to the Florence, SC warehouse.

IMO the jewelry item, though lovely, has too large beads for me to carry it off on my petite frame. The indigo is a definite blue & not a navy color as depicted on the jewelry item webpage. 

+++

JJM, I knew it would be too big for you when I received mine, but I didn't want to say anything and just let you decide for yourself. It did look bright Blue in in all the Sneak Peeks I saw, but who knows what each screen shows us? This is getting a bit frustrating for me, and all of us.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

A bit off topic, but ...

Since @ February 20th, I have ordered THREE pair of the same Naturalizer flat.  Each time I was sent the wrong color, because the item is loaded incorrectly in the computer.

After the second pair I realized that the photo in the posting is labeled incorrectly.  At Q it is called ‘beige’, but at the Naturalizer it is really named ‘porcelain’.  Soooo, when the order left Q for my shoes Naturalizer sent me their ‘beige’ which is an odd brownish / oatmeal color suede.

So many times I’ve tried to tell CS, but NOPE.  Many promises, but No supervisor ever returned a call.  Can’t talk with anyone in finance, and was finally told that my refunds were to be sent from the warehouse.  Tried to tell them to correct the posting ~ it is STILL wrong.

Just today my refunds finally came in.  I ordered the same pair from Dillards, free shipping, $10.00 less, rather than a month, it only took 2 days, and the color is correct!

Just too much.

Guess I should post this in Service.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Spoke with a CS rep yesterday because my order of lace jackets purchased on March 20 had still not shipped.  He started telling me about Florence and another location I missed, being "backed up".  I told him that customers were discussing the horrible hold up in shipping and getting different stories from different customer service reps.  He said he was "well aware" that what he (and they) have to say is being discussed online.  So I asked him to tell me again what he thought the hold up was.....same rather vague story about the two warehouses being "backed up".  He told me to wait and that they would probably be shipped - the lace jackets - after the weekend.  Well, it is Sunday night, 11 days after ordering them, they still have not left the QVC facility.  Definitely annoying.

Before signing off with him I asked when my account is charged.  He insisted my bank is NOT charged until the items ship.  At least that was some consolation I suppose.

My Berbers should arrive Monday or Tuesday - oh and by the way, THEY were ordered on the 27th and tracking shows them almost here.  Sigh.  Now I just have to worry about what on earth colors will get shipped to me.  Or if they will arrive in pieces.  I really like the look in the photos of the olive and the honey and hope they look as good with my older J271862 pieces by Linea as possible.  Really hoping I end up liking the olive - assuming that is what comes - but the shade has to be right or I'll be returning as Sheesh plans to do.  I've already mentioned on these threads that the Venetian did NOT come in the indigo I ordered, but in Olive.  Which I decided to keep.  But don't want to knowingly order the indigo Venetian again after this snafu.

Trusted Contributor

Just my own experience, but I have found the reps on Live Chat more helpful than the CS phone reps. From what I can tell, they are more experienced and efficient. Just be patient waiting for a rep to initially respond to your Live Chat request. It can take a minute or two. You can also take a screen shot of their replies. 

Respected Contributor

@TheOwl wrote:

My Berbers should arrive Monday or Tuesday - oh and by the way, THEY were ordered on the 27th and tracking shows them almost here.  Sigh.  Now I just have to worry about what on earth colors will get shipped to me.  Or if they will arrive in pieces.  I really like the look in the photos of the olive and the honey and hope they look as good with my older J271862 pieces by Linea as possible.  Really hoping I end up liking the olive - assuming that is what comes - but the shade has to be right or I'll be returning as Sheesh plans to do.  I've already mentioned on these threads that the Venetian did NOT come in the indigo I ordered, but in Olive.  Which I decided to keep.  But don't want to knowingly order the indigo Venetian again after this snafu.

From what I have been reading both on this thread on on Louis' blog, it appears that the Q has mixed up the Blue and the Olive Berbers--so if you order one, you get the other.  Appears no issues with the Honey, thus far. Let us know.....

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Regular Contributor

Add me to the list:  I ordered the olive Berber necklace and received the indigo.  It is a really bright blue, sort of a cobalt.  I do not wear blue shades, except for denim jeans.  I am returning the necklace but will just ask for a refund.  I do not trust the Q to do an exchange at this point.  I really like the necklace and would like to get the olive but will wait until the Q warehouses figure it out.

I have also received several emails lately apologizing that some of my items ordered are being "delayed."  The email does not say which items so I then have to go into my order list and click through on the tracking on each item to try to find out where things are!  And things are staong "on process" for up to a week before any tracking is available.

Frequent Contributor

I am so tired of QVC not getting the jewelry colors correct.  I also ordered the blue and ended up being sent the olive.  I had the same problem with the  Venetian necklace which I ordered in "ice" and received the "dill".  With the size of QVC you would think they could

get things straightened out after a mistake.   They are such in a hurry to be number one

in sales and money they are becoming sloppy and the quality is going downhill.  I have had to send more returns back this year due to broken parts, stains of various colors

etc. than I have had to with all the years I have shopped at QVC which is over 25 plus.

Louis has quality and and I love his designs -  QVC is surely ruining it for him. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered both the indigo and the olive.  The indigo is a brighter blue than I wanted so I am returning that.  I loved the olive but when I took it out of the mesh bag to try it on it broke in two pieces.  Someone else mentioned getting a broken necklace.  I know I could reorder but I don't think I would be comfortable wearing it with the possibility of beads flying all over the place and for the price I want a better made piece of jewelry.  

PS:  My colors were switched also.

Esteemed Contributor

@Maxine49- before I saw your review I had asked @JustJazzmom if the beads were dark navy which is what they looked like on QVC but the beads itself did look rather large which was my initial hesitation.

I will pass on this necklace.  

Enjoy for those that purchased it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Add me to the color mix up list.Smiley Mad

Ordered blue; got the olive. Back it goes, and like others, I won't wait to see if  QVC can sort out this warehouse issue!!. I also ordered and received the honey, which leans more amber than I'd expected, but I really do love the necklace & earring. Such a shame these issues surround this beautiful necklace!