Respected Contributor

Re: Anne Klein History & Louis

@blinddogswrote:

Note the gold "knot" buttons on that mustard color jacket-- they are clearly the inspiration for Louis' necklaces he did for QVC a few seasons ago. it came in a short length as well as a longer neckace.

@blinddogs - Thank you for pointing that out!  I have those Necklaces! Wore the short Gold Knot Necklace this past weekend.

Respected Contributor

image25.jpg.Goldie, here's another!  Swoon time!!!!!!!!!!!
Honored Contributor

That's the one I swooned over.  I had never seen that photo of Louis before.

Yowza!

Respected Contributor

@blinddogs

I noticed those beautiful knot buttons instantly!  I am thrilled we are getting details like this in our Linea clothes and jewelry, so couture, so Louis....!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for this great article.

I've always loved this look of the slouchy double-breasted blazer and slacks.  So easy.  The blazer looks like nubby raw silk.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Homegirl, 

Is that a look or is that a look?!

As they say, biology is destiny.  Had I been born with less of what is known (or was known in the 1960s in Greece) as an "Oriental body," meaning that I have the small waist but large buttocks of women seen more in West Asia, I would have worn this look of slack and blazer very often.

My soul has always leaned toward such a look, but my body cannot pull it off.  So, lots of skirts and dresses were in my life.  Still, I can celebrate this glorious look and those who wear it well!  Here's to you gals with the longer legs and straighter hips! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How much do I like this mustard yellow blazer with the tomatoe red shirt and blue pocket square? A LOT. I agree it looks like the jacket is in a raw nubby silk, and the shirt must be silk crepe de Chine. It is so today, even the shoulder pads are being show on many runways again.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, the blue pocket square is genius in this outfit!  I am one of those slim hipped, long legged women and ordered the Jac blazer up a size as I wanted the somewhat slouchy look.  Not so slim in other parts of my aging body, but hips are still slim and legs long LOL!

Valued Contributor

@Somertime, that photo!  Sexy smoldering eyes.