Trusted Contributor

Re: Ankh Necklace Set Review--YES!!!!

I received verdigris today!  Very nice.  Haven’t researched what to wear with yet.  Liked it so much I went back and ordered silver!  

I have a Verdigris Fish, bad me....have yet to wear.  I got out my silver fish..it gets more wear.

I’m anxious for more reviews.. THAT  LOUIS has done it again!  Hit it outta the park!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My verdegris arrived today and I will second everything @Dawnie  had to say.  I have the same identical situation.

Do not order it if you like slick and shiny because it's rather blotched and crude by design.  I too would like the silver; I've probably got more clothing with which to wear verdegris than most people and I'm not sure how often I'd wear it.  I too have never worn my verdegris fish but have worn the silver.  I have some print cotton tops with the greenish turquoise color that would look great, and a couple of Isaac copper Pima cotton tees that would be smashing.  Of course there's always white or yellow in summer.

At first it bothered me that there are parts that are dull and matte and others that are shiny.  Then I figured out that the shiny areas are supposed to be untarnished metal, perhaps where it has been handled.  I'm slowly "getting it".

Now the earring are another subject.  First, to me, they seem very heavy and that very thin wire is quite inadequate to  comfortably support the weight.  I've been wearing them about 3 hours and they hurt.  Tomorrow I'll take some silver leverbacks from my stash of supplies, dab some acrylic paint (turquoise shades) on them so they're not too silver, and change them in place of the fish hooks.  I do this to nearly all of my earrings.  It takes about 30 seconds to do a pair.  The balance and support is then a lot better.  I really like them and plan to wear them a lot.  I like that Louis didn't do a mini Ankh.  They stand alone without the necklace.

@golding76 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Maxine49
Thanks for responding!
Honored Contributor

FYI:   

Screenshot_20190319-211502.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment