Honored Contributor

Am I the Only One Who Loves the V-Neck Mixed-Media Top (A304735) as Wildly as I Do?

[ Edited ]

Did I miss some comments about it?  My lands, it simply thrills me!  It feels good, looks good, possesses a ladylike charm about it and is chic as the dickens.  Bought it in the Ivory, went back for another color and hope -- fervently hope -- Louis brings this back in more colors.

My usual size of Large fit well.

Respected Contributor

Re: No One Loves the V-Neck Mixed-Media Top (A304735) as Much as I Do?

[ Edited ]

When I quickly read your title, I said what? she doesn't like this top?? I had to reread it and then understood that you love it. Me too. I got the black, pink and dusk and love them all. I also got the pant in dusk and black and they are terrific with my flat strappy sandals.

Honored Contributor

I changed my post's title because I suspected it would be misinterpreted, Marilyn.  You captured that confusing title in your response, though.  LOL

Did anyone give a review of this top yet?  I don't think so.  I am madly in love with it!

Valued Contributor

@golding76 I am in love with the ivory and black, have the pink on waitlist. It's a little big in the chest area, but the hip area is fine. I kept the black crop pants to match, returning the ivory. The tops are easy wear and worned with everything!

Super Contributor

I love the V-Neck Mixed Media too!. The fabric is so lovely, it really feels like silk. I, too, hope Louis can bring it back in more colors.

Regular Contributor

Re: Am I the Only One Who Loves the V-Neck Mixed-Media Top (A304735) as Wildly as I Do?

Now,  I really can't wait to get this top!  I ordered it in black, pink and ivory.  It's so great to learn that it is fabulous and the new fabric is a winner!!

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Valued Contributor

Re: Am I the Only One Who Loves the V-Neck Mixed-Media Top (A304735) as Wildly as I Do?

My delivery has been delayed.  They are scheduled to be delivered Saturday.  I am so anxious.  Excited that you are all liking them.   

Trusted Contributor

@golding76  OK, you convinced me to order the dusk and black. Smiley Happy

I had ordered the crops, but was afraid the tops would be too hot

for my TX summers.  But figured I'd better go ahead and order in case

they start selling out.  Just hope they don't look like maternity tops on me.

Just had to send back a Linea tunic because of too much fabric in the

waist area.

Thanks for your review....and convincing me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

yellowrose,

I hope you love this style as much as I do.  Be assured that there is no extraneous fabric on this one.

Believe it or not, I was thinking about the term "maternity top" yesterday and about how many tops sold now by a variety of producers look like them.  In this day and age when many pregnant women wear skin-tight dresses while gestating, the thought and look of a maternity top does not come up much.  I'm with you -- I won't buy (or won't keep if surprised by) tops with too much fabric in the mid-area of the body. 

When I see that look on me, I think, "I look pregnant!"

ETA:  Not to belabor the point, but I wish most offerings by designers would be from the traditional molds for shapes and silhouettes.  You know, no dippy-do hems and no large sweeps of fabric.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mixed media top arrived today in the Dusk, a gorgeous neutral, and it is lovely.  I tried it on with slim black ankle pants and wow, what a sophisticated, yet breezy and comfortable look, and no excess fabric or strange dips and drapes, just "easy."  Feels feather light on.

I had to order this in XL,  the larger of my two Linea sizes, to accommodate my pear shape, so the shoulders are a bit droopy and the bust area a bit too large.  However, I like the languid drapey look it has, and know in summer weather it will feel wonderful and not make me look like I'm trying too hard.  

It's hard to imagine hot and humid right now as it is upper 30's and pouring rain, ugh.

The dusk color is a perfect backdrop for all my Linea jewelry, or just a big pair of statement earrings, really a rich flattering color.  Would love to see this in various WK pieces for fall/winter.