Regular Contributor

So I ordered the winter white pants and I have the bell sleeve blouse in the same, but looking at the 'column of colour' post, was wondering if anyone has something in Alabaster and would you mix it with the winter white?

Respected Contributor

Re: Alabaster and winter white

winter white is more ivory - alabaster has a beige/french vanilla tint. 

Honored Contributor

I absolutely LOVE winter white!!

Trusted Contributor

@clarika wrote:

So I ordered the winter white pants and I have the bell sleeve blouse in the same, but looking at the 'column of colour' post, was wondering if anyone has something in Alabaster and would you mix it with the winter white?

My first reaction was no.  Then I went and pulled out my alabaster swing sweater and put it over the same top with the pants and I liked it!  There is enough color saturation in the alabaster to off set the winter white.  I took inspiration from LDO mixing two necklaces- older large cream pearls and the gold etruscan beads together and voila! I actually have a pair if alabaster toned flats to go with. It's slightly fabulous!  And them I spied my new alabaster leather jacket...! Brilliant.

Respected Contributor

OHHH, I love the way this sounds so I got out my whinter white pants and alabaster pieces and my alabaster Aztec necklace and gold Etruscan necklace. What a fabulous outfit. Thank you for the suggestion!

Regular Contributor

Alabaster and winter white, thanks!!

Wow, thank you everyone! I was on the fence about ordering something in Alabaster, but now I will go ahead knowing I can wear the two colours together. The computer screens show very similar colours but reality is the best guide.

Respected Contributor

i got the sweater/jacket and put it up next to my British tan - skirt, shoes, bag.  i like!