Respected Contributor

Re: Accessorizing the New Reefer Coat

I got my Fownes Leather Gloves in Emiion Red (Port) in size Small and they fit "like a glove"!!!!!

Love them.  Got them on Amazon and they shipped overnight wth Prime.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the gloves as well and I received mine today too!  What a great match to the coat -- so glad I bought them.

Frequent Contributor

I purchased the Heidi Daus dragon pin to wear with my black reefer coat.  It has red colored stones set in a brass like setting.  The  earrings from the Linea India Pendant/earring set match perfectly! 

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

No one’s mentioned it yet but I think a nice pin on the lapel would be a great accessory — maybe a gold pin of some sort?

@JustJazzmom

Check out Talbots-

Sparkling Crystal PinSparkling Crystal Pin

Sprig Cluster Brooch

Sprig Cluster Brooch

Wool Felt Camellia Corsage Pin

Black Watch Camellia Corsage Pin

Velvet Corsage Pin

Lavish Purple/Blue Plaid Corsage Pin

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Thank you. I have plenty of pins to choose from. I don’t need to visit Talbots. Many of my pins are from Monet or Liz Claiborne or Macy’s Charter Club.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the new Linea reefer coat.  I did not buy it as I own three trench coats.  I also saved some money as winter/cold weather has come early to Chicago. I practically went from trench for about a week to heavy winter coat.  It is 28 today.

That being said I think the reefer coat is beyond classy looking and may purchase it anyway for hopefully next spring.  I would freeze if I wore it now in Chicago.  I wish it had a zip out warm lining.  It is a spectacular coat.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the gloves tip.  I went straight to A and ordered some for my port coat. Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

A big thank you for the gloves tip, I just ordered mine to match the reefer coat. Is this fun or what?

Respected Contributor

@LIndaMJ wrote:

A big thank you for the gloves tip, I just ordered mine to match the reefer coat. Is this fun or what?

@LIndaMJ

HaHa! It is fun. You will love these gloves @Helping recommended. I wore them for the first time last night with my all port outfit and they are a perfect match. Great quality, too.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono

Thanks for the pics of the pins at Talbot's, lovely.  They are definitely brooches as from a bygone era, but have a modern feel, very nice.

I have many, many pins and have been wearing them a lot on the new reefer coats and other things too.  My most recent is one from Joan Rivers, and it is incredibly well made and beautiful, and I receive excited compliments every single time I wear it.  J349640, from her private collection. 

It is large but not too large, has a wonderful presence; it inspires delight!

Joan Rivers Private Collection Simulated Opal Beetle Brooch - J349640