Honored Contributor

Re: ACCESSORY CONCIERGE SCARF OFFER

[ Edited ]

tzake,

I actually am not "shy" about my age or ashamed of it -- quite the contrary.  The way I phrased my retraction might lead you to believe that, however.

Two reasons for deletion:

1.  Do not want a mosaic of my identity to emerge for the wicked out there.

2.  Don't wish to be approached a certain way because of my age.

I'm very happy to have made it to this point, to tell the truth.  Might gripe about ailments, etc., but I'm still wanting to see the next Linea fashions.

(I had better clarify that I do not mean that some QVC posters are wicked.  I'm thinking of the truly depraved souls who comb through innocent sites like this and piece together all they can for nefarious reasons.  Might sound paranoid, but better safe than sorry.)  

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

The oldest scarves I own were bought in Rome 50 years ago this year.  

Pure silk.  One red and cream; the other green and black.  In the classic paisley (arabesque) design.

Love them forever.  

Edited to remove my age.  If you saw it, you saw it.  If not, enough of true confessions.

@golding76You made me smile on a day when I needed it. Heart

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Goldie@ I understand. I've already had identity  theft. 

Yesterday I got a fake call. Caller said they were from my electric company; asked for info on my bill. I hung up and called electric company. It's a scam.

I screen my calls but ocasionally slip and pick up the phone.

I don't do Facebook because of security reasons but it doesn't seem to matter.

I agree, one can't be too careful.

Honored Contributor

Those who have landlines still or VOIP phones could benefit from installing Nomorobo on their phones. Go to their website & watch the video explaining how it works. You then get an e mail from them if your number or system is compatible with Nomorobo. 

Once in place it rings once & stops. It even tells you how to unblock legitimate numbers (I’ve never had to do that) or block numbers they haven’t caught yet. Best of all it’s FREE!

What I do hate is neighborhood spoofing which use your first 3 digits to contact you— the scammers must think we are more likely to pick up a local number than one we don’t recognize.

Problem is: I don’t really know neighbors phone #’s. So I don’t pick up anyway!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I have Nomorobo and some robo calls still worm their way in.

I simply do not pick up the phone if I do not recognize the number.  What is upsetting to my world is that one area code is that of a close relative who is ill, and I have to forgo picking up the phone and hope that if there is a rare unrecognized number from that area, the caller will leave a message.

How I loathe these lazy crumb-bums that seek to take your money in illegal ways rather than going out to work like everyone else.  For shame!  

Honored Contributor

@golding76  Many of these calls originate in foreign countries. The old Microsoft has detected something on your windows computer is a popular one. 

But if your close relative is ill, wouldn’t caller ID also list their name as well as their number?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

It would not necessarily be my relative calling with news.

Respected Contributor

I had it on my phone and calls came through. I dropped it because it was blocking recorded messages re doctor appointment.

If my TV is on the no. flashes on the screen. Some of my friends do not have their names on their cellphones.