Trusted Contributor

A370421 Louis' Faux Suede Trench Coat

Has anyone who has this fabulous coat washed it per label instructions? Or taken it to the cleaners? I bought this coat on blowout clearance last year and have not worn it yet. A couple of reviews commented on color rub off and when I bought it, our Texas weather was warming up for Spring. I am thinking of taking the coat to the dry cleaners. Any advice or opinions about the color issue? Thanks! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A370421 Louis' Faux Suede Trench Coat

[ Edited ]

I do not  have the coat you are talking abt , however have had faux suede skirts bought in the 1990's . Had to wash on delicate and very little  clothes detergent .  Would have to shake and  steam any wrinkles  left . The faux suede  now a days is usually much softer than it was in the 1990's so maybe it does not retain wrinkles .

Respected Contributor

I washed mine and it came out fine.  Just put in dryer for about 2 minutes max, then hang to dry the rest of the way.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did you wash the belt along with it, and the wrist "belt" around each sleeve? I assume you removed those wrist "belts"? I will wash on cold, delicate, along with a Shout Color Catcher sheet. I put the "belts" in a laundry garment bag....will report back on results! 

Many thanks, santorini! 

Respected Contributor

No, I didn't remove the wrist belts but I did remove the main belt.  I did not wash that.

Trusted Contributor

I washed my black trench coat and it came out beautifully! I am so glad I used the Shout Color Catcher Sheet.....I used one and it did fine.....on my next coat I will use several instead of just one....
The coat is hanging dry overnight as of yesterday and it looke just perfect!  No wrinkles or anything! Even the lining is smooth! Belts are just fine too! Glad I used my garment bag for them. 

Thank you again santorini for your advice! 

Respected Contributor

I purchased the Linea faux suede trench in black.  I have had no color rub off at all.  I own 4 Linea trench's the faux suede was my last purchased.  I intend to have it cleaned as opposed to washing it.  The cleaners would do a better job of pressing the coat after cleaning.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought on a whim the black faux suede.  There has been no rub off.  I probably when the coat needs a cleaning I will take to cleaners. This was my 4th Linea trench. As I am only 5'3" the 3/4 Linea length was full length for me.  I own the tan/black; navy/black; black/black and the faux suede black.   I hope they never wear out.  I like them better than my beyond expensive Burberry.