Honored Contributor

Re: A343445 Faux Suede Pants.....Amazing!

author,

I just had a mental picture of you curling yourself up into the tightest sausage shape possible and rolling in a drawer.

(I am in deep need of distraction and entertainment...) 

Honored Contributor

I got them in the dark green and love them!  I plan on wearing them with a dressy black top on Christmas.

I also noticed how they looked a bit baggy on Marybeth.  I think Louis even mentioned that she could have sized down for a better fit.

Esteemed Contributor

Rolling my clothes has been the only way for me to pack for many, many years and the past few years with my wardrobe growing like crazy I do the same at home in my drawers.  For those that don't like to iron it may at times not work for them but I don't mind running an iron or steamer over my garments.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry for the mental image of rolling in the drawer....! 

However, I do intend to try this technique to see if the garments store better, especially the ones I don't wear as often.  They do seem to be larger when rolled than folded though.  I rolled a long WK cardi last night and it takes up half one drawer, eek.  

The problem lies in my inability to resist Linea; most of my wardrobe is Linea with a few RL items thrown in, and some tops from QVC for variety.  Basics I pick up at Marshall's.

Respected Contributor

Faux suede pants update:  I love them!  I have the DFG in petite and have been wearing them in weather in the 20's, very cold and windy, and these are so warm, yet sleek and beautiful too.  

I have been losing some more weight, not a lot, but enough to convince myself I needed another pair of these in the regular length and a size down from 18 plus to gasp, 16. 

I stalked for so long for an 18 that I lost weight over it, and now was able to get them in black (my first choice) and decided the regular length would be better for a winter pant, not so much ankle area showing when worn with flats.  The petites are long gone in most sizes anyway.

Well they arrived Monday at 7 p.m. via UPS and I immediately tried them on just to see how they fit.  They are even MORE amazing than the first pair!

They are slim fitting but not skin tight, a little excess at hem but it looks fine (I am 5'4") and they fit perfectly and look splendid.  So slimming, so luxe, so great with all my sweaters and jackets and tops and coats, boots or flats too.  And WARM. 

I am so happy I stalked and decided to go down a size as I knew how much stretch these have.  

Would love a jacket in this fabric.  

Honored Contributor

Slendid news all around, author!

Esteemed Contributor

For those of you who may of missed Louis' faux suede pants, you may want to visit Costco either on line or in store and take a look at these Andrew Marc faux suede pants. I saw these in my local store and they're actually a pretty nice dupe. Available in black or tan which is actually a beautiful mushroom, dark taupe color, which are pictured. Pull on, wide comfy looking waistband and no pockets. On coupon to either the 3rd or 6th of Dec for $15.00 refecting a 5 dollar savings. Well worth the price. These are a slim leg cut. So if that is your body type and style, it's a great pant with a good faux suede hand. Check these out ladies!

Screenshot_2018-11-23-17-26-01-1.png

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS Thanks for the heads up on these pants! Really like that mushroom color...maybe Louis will do them in that color if there's a reorder. On my next Costco run, I'll be checking them out.

@author Glad it all worked out for you on the sizing! I'm envious of the weight loss. I need to lose 30 lbs.. Have any secrets to share?

I ordered the caramel faux suede pants just as a "try-on" thinking I may not like them, but I did. They are amazingly comfortable and, as you've said, warm in cold temps. I just got lucky in snagging a pair in black and waiting on their delivery. I've worn the caramel pair with all black Linea TN & long sweater, ditto with navy, with a denim shirt and tweed jacket and with my well-worn RL navajo sweater. The most comfortable pairing was with the long "big deal" ivory wing collar shirt, new caramel long sweater, autumn leaves necklace in gold & animal print flats. I'm having fun finding new things to wear with them, because they are so darn comfortable & work with so much.

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO

You're welcome. I don't know how long these pants have been offered but my store had dwindling stock. Just a heads up.  While you are in Costco, check out the fresh Cranberry Walnut Bread back in the bakery area. It's a seasonal specialty  item, absolutely delicious. Treat yourself and the family. It's that good!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@GraceCO

You're welcome. I don't know how long these pants have been offered but my store had dwindling stock. Just a heads up.  While you are in Costco, check out the fresh Cranberry Walnut Bread back in the bakery area. It's a seasonal specialty  item, absolutely delicious. Treat yourself and the family. It's that good!

@rochelleS Oh, I will! That bread sounds yummy. Thank you Smiley Happy