Respected Contributor

A263353 Ombre Tunic...A, B, or C?

For those of you who have the new colors in the ombre tunic, A263353, which one/ones do you like the best? I've never ordered this tunic before but would like to give it a try. I'm torn between the colors of A, B, or C. Originally, I thought I would go with the Alabaster...but later thought it might be a little drab. The Blueberry was my next thought because all the blue colors in it are so pretty. But then there is the Coral and I thought it might look nice on me. I have fair and freckled skin, very light blond hair, and green eyes...for whatever that is worth.

If you own this tunic and have time to share, please let me know which color you like the best. I thank you in advance for any help.

pup  

Honored Contributor

Re: A263353 Ombre Tunic...A, B, or C?

I bought the blue and the alabaster and wore today with alabaster one with my gray Leisure pants. I chose gunmetal black/gray jewelry with it. Maybe tomorrow I will wear the blue which is cheery looking.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

@pupwhipped  I don't have this tunic but it is beautiful......   I love the Peacock color!!

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped
I bought all three. I am fair with warm undertones, freckles, medium blonde hair, blue eyes. If I could only recommend one to you, it'd be the coral. The alabaster is classy and neutral, but I will have to make sure I wear it on a day I don't look tired. I definitely need to make sure I wear the right makeup so it doesn't wash me out. The blue is very crisp and summery and blues tend to bring out my eyes. But I know the coral will look best on me and based on what you said your coloring is, I bet it will brighten your face and bring out your eyes. I love corals on me and often get compliments when I wear that color. It is also summery, but in a warm way like a sunrise/sunset, whereas the blue is cool like water. Hope that helps! Let us know what you decide and how it works out for you.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only have one---just received the new coral and I think it is stunning.  I have medium skin, warm undertones, medium brown hair, brown eyes.  It looks fabulous with a black bottom and gunmetal jewelry (tried it with several Linea pieces).  I loved it with a straight black maxi skirt.  WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good luck with your choice.

KK

Regular Contributor

I bought alabaster and blueberry. I am a very fair-skinned former dark brunette going 'blonde' the natural way, with dark brown eyes, brows, and lashes. Blueberry is terrific and (for once) the color name is apt for the hues in this garment. It really lights up the complexion. If you can wear sapphire, cobalt, and blue-violet tones, this one is for you. Alabaster is a rich neutral. On 'pale and wan' days, I will add more color near my face with a scarf or jewelry (such as the new Linea Aztec necklace in alabaster). I thought alabaster would wash me out or read yellow, but the warm hue is truly neutral to my skin tone.

Valued Contributor

I am an xl, very pale like Jac.  I know the Alabaster is the most beautiful, but the gray will just suck all the color out of my skin.  I have the Peacock from before, so I know that if you do not have broad shoulders you should size down.  This time I ordered the bluebell and the red.  The bluebell is faboulous with my skin.  It is a beautiful color.  I returned the other, just didn't like it as well, just my taste.  Please know this is the most flattering tunic you will ever see.  My vote is the bluebell.

Esteemed Contributor

I recently purchased the peacock, but returned it because it was too bold and too green near my face.  The fit, silhouette and fabric = all good.  So, I ordered the blueberry. 

It's true as @many_hosta mentioned that the color name is actually appropriate...it goes from pale icy blue at the top to several shades of blueberry down to LDO's "navy that might as well be black."  

I'm "funny" about the blues I will wear with denim, so, for me, this top will only be worn with white.  If you have LDO navy bottoms = perfect...or black might work since his navy is so unbelievably dark.

I would try the coral, but does it have yellow in it?  Looks like it does near the top...???

This top is the only LDO purchase I've made in months...I'm holding out for the upcoming pebble crepe, my favorite of his summer fabrics...hoping it is long enough, has elbow or 3/4 sleeves, and comes in either turq or hibiscus.  I need more summer tops...I don't need a beach cover-up.

Let us know which color you decided on and how you  liked it.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

BTW, compared to the peacock, the blueberry was a tiny bit snug and slightly shorter, but not enough to send it back...just the usual sizing inconsistencies that we all put up with for some reason or another.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

I would suggest B first, with C as a close second, pulling into last place is A--due to your skin tone/coloring.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel